What's new

Prairie Buck

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2018
Messages
9,186
Reaction score
33,085
Golden Thread
0
Location
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The spring before last I burned off my prairie as usual. After it burned I saw something in the field. It was a pr of shed antlers. A buck had a hiding spot in the prarie grass.
IMG_4329.webp


I bought a drone this summer and was flying it over my prairie. I was surprised to see this buck bedded down in a little hole he made. I suppose it could be the same buck. He was in about the same spot where I found the sheds.
IMG_1234.webp


The drone spooked him and he stood up but didn’t bolt. I backed off and didn’t scare him away. I’ve been flying the last few days a bit away from him to get him used to the sound of the drone. I don’t hunt anymore and he’s safe as long as he’s on my land. If he can remain nocturnal during the rut he might survive.
IMG_1235.webp
IMG_1236.webp
 
The spring before last I burned off my prairie as usual. After it burned I saw something in the field. It was a pr of shed antlers. A buck had a hiding spot in the prarie grass.View attachment 2229003

I bought a drone this summer and was flying it over my prairie. I was surprised to see this buck bedded down in a little hole he made. I suppose it could be the same buck. He was in about the same spot where I found the sheds.View attachment 2229004

The drone spooked him and he stood up but didn’t bolt. I backed off and didn’t scare him away. I’ve been flying the last few days a bit away from him to get him used to the sound of the drone. I don’t hunt anymore and he’s safe as long as he’s on my land. If he can remain nocturnal during the rut he might survive. View attachment 2229006View attachment 2229007
Cool 👍
 
Nice buck for sure. Congrats on the antlers find. Thank you for sharing .
 
I flew over the prairie patch last night at 6. The buck was in his hole all sprawled out sleeping. He lifted his head but didn’t stand up. I was up at 150’ so it didn’t bother him. I trimmed a tree with my chainsaw yesterday morning and it must not have bothered him either. He was about 75 yds from me.
IMG_1278.webp
 
Fantastic pic looking down on him !!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom