C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
possible potassium imbalance or TIA....vitals look good, they might let him go home. Thanks for prayin with me Daddy! ~hugsnprayers~

T

trish76642

Oh Prayers For Sure!!! Hope everything turns out for your Dad Jeff!!!
Thinking about you and Evy.....

T

trish76642

Cynangyl said:
possible potassium imbalance or TIA....vitals look good, they might let him go home. Thanks for prayin with me Daddy! ~hugsnprayers~

Thats wonderful Cyn! Thanks for the update!

T

trish76642

Bull59 said:
I just saw this, so I'll add my prayers even if they send him home. We can all use prayers even when were not this ill.
Amen

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, Hope everything is all ok, will continue with my prayers.

Thanks for letting us know, Cyn.

:wink: RR

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got home just a bit ago. They did let him go home and the computor down at hospital so they didn't have data sent to OKC from Blackwell ( rural to big city) So we still don't know TIA or HE he had lost the feeling in his fingers of left hand but. tingly in the palm, fingers curled shut but. then opened so OK we think to much loss of potassium and with his 5 way by pass 2 years ago almost going to be 77 end of year breathing problems and yesterday was out to long working on car and today he was MOWING in this heat! So just before they let him go we went to their house and Jeff finished mowin in the dark so it was done except for the ally!

Thank-you all for the prayers just keep them going I know Jeff will say his thanks but he is in bed already !

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhh...sorry to hear, Evy. Tell him it's too dang hot for him to be out mowing the lawn!

Praying he's feeling better this morning!!

Nana :)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I just want to thank each and every one for their thoughts, concerns, and prayers. He has always been one to help anyone and everyone that he thinks might need help, yet he doesn't tend to think about himself. That is what sometimes drives mom crazy and you should hear her sometimes (she hasn't changed any while I was growing up- :laughing7:). I still haven't heard the report yet whether it was a potassium problem (which he suffers from), a TIA http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4781, or something else. He goes to the doctor in Okla. City on Mon. for a checkup. He has a history of hypothyroidism, hypoglycemia, and not long ago had a 5X heart bypass. Even though he threw the cigs. away over 30 years ago, he still has some residual sufferings from it.
He turns 77 in Dec. but was out yesterday morning mowing in the heat but went in to rest a bit when he noticed his left arm, hand, and fingers tingling and the palm was numb to the touch.
I layed down the law to both of them---no more yard work or weeding, that I'd be over 1-2x a week to take care of that and any thing else that needed done.
May God bless you in all that you and your family's do.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Re: Prayer request from Jeff (Stoney56)---UPDATE

Mom just called and said the doctors in Okla. City just read his CT scan. They said it was a stroke and that he has a 50% blockage in his right carotid and also something in his cerebral cortex. Was told to get down to OKC now and check in as surgery is in morning. They didn't give any times yet but would imagine as early as possible and that angioplasty wasn't the way to go.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
stoney56 said:
Mom just called and said the doctors in Okla. City just read his CT scan. They said it was a stroke and that he has a 50% blockage in his right carotid and also something in his cerebral cortex. Was told to get down to OKC now and check in as surgery is in morning. They didn't give any times yet but would imagine as early as possible and that angioplasty wasn't the way to go.

prayers my bro,

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Middle Cerebral Thrombosis and the other is a 50% Blockage of the right internal carotid Artery. Surgery tommorow late am!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Just got back from OKC. Dad's sitting up and was on a liquid diet this evening. He's pretty dehydrated but talking. His voice is hoarse from the tube during surgery but I noticed his speech is a bit slurred. It wasn't when he went in. ???
Color's good and folks are in good spirits. There's talk of him going home tomorrow. :o
Amazing what medicine and lots of prayers :icon_thumleft: can do. THANK YOU!!!
Mom showed me some of what they rootered out of the carotid artery. YUCK!! We got's to go on a diet and quit smoking. :-[

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions