What's new

Praying mantis?

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
4,473
Reaction score
10,396
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to get my mail today and saw this on top of my mailbox...
 

Attachments

  • 20260929_144831.webp
    20260929_144831.webp
    754.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20260929_144938.webp
    20260929_144938.webp
    273 KB · Views: 11
  • 20260929_144950.webp
    20260929_144950.webp
    262.7 KB · Views: 12
I think it is a Praying Mantis,, not preying... Named so because of the look of its front bits resembling a person in commune with God,, just thought i would mention it...
 
Most efficient predator on the planet! Successful about 70 percent of the time.
 
I think it is a Praying Mantis,, not preying... Named so because of the look of its front bits resembling a person in commune with God,, just thought i would mention it...
Ah thank you for the correction Astral....really just took a stab at the spelling...I guess the females kill and eat their mates...I imagine there are alot of celibate mates in the insect world...
 
I didn't even realise it was your post ....
should have known eh...:tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom