Pre election day finds

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
nice day to go out and do some hunting took my xlt out and come up with these nice items.

1 brass drawer pull most likely early 19th century, the button is civil war also i am not sure on the spelling but its like zolof but anyway its a french style button that some of the fire brigades wore it is a littile burnt notice the black char on it, next 2 items are 2- 3 ringers the one on the left is called a crows foot theres a star inside it that looks like the bottom of a crows foot. next is just a brass button a brass ring a silver Rosie 2 wheaties one is 1917 but date is almost gone. next is a WWII style marine uniform button then the next button is probably a civil war pants button last item is a civil war harmonica reed.

I am no expert on these items but i got them to the best of my ability

Mav

Upvote 0

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I got my first amphibian today!? Dug a high coin signal indicating 6" and stuck my trowel in the soft ground.? About 3" deep on my trowel up came this (graphical representation, not the actual toad)? little fella.? Boy did he look P.O.'ed!

[ce[/center]

Got a '47 wheatie out below him a couple inches and he went on his way, uninjured but seriously miffed.? I don't know what it means to the election, digging a toad up and all, but I'm willing to entertain any new urban legend regarding it.

tchaire

Oct 4, 2004
Nice patina on that toad. I would say he dates to late 1990's - early 2000's.
Just a guess.

T. Haire

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Toad-ally awesome, man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread