predetermined life path, can you alter it ?

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some say, and I also think about, our lives are predetermined paths, set in stone, each and every thought, movement, actions, and on and on. This is interesting
to me........if this is a fact, than, can we actually throw a curve ball into the mess, our predetermined life's path? This is in the scientific sense of things, so as not to
offend, but rather think about it this way. Can we change our 'life's path' ? Our predetermined path.......or......do you think our life is random, not determined in advance?

Just a off the 'cuff' discussion and conversation, if anyone else has a 'predetermined thought' on this subject.................

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Predetermined"... by WHO/WHAT...?

I do not know, this is why I asked for some input and thoughts.......you may fill in any blanks,,,,,that is what I'm asking for....opinions..

altering it,,,,this is the deep end...

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
This "could" be a real dangerous topic. Lots of potential for arguments and such.

Personally, I cannot believe in your theory/belief. If everything was already somehow decided, then there would be no point in living, or even in being born.

For "me", I'm certain I've had freedom of choice on most things in my life. There have been times, however, when I have had to go through situations that, in my belief, were pre-determined. Don't get me wrong - I'm not talking about pre-determined from before I was ever born. However, I can see the potential for some such situations as well. But for the most part, we make our own choices every day. ...I'm gonna see where this goes before I write any more.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was born in a small town and determined that I would not live in a big town. I hope I wasn't predetermined to be great if my decision is wrong. Anyway after the riddle is this, I believe you are predestined to live and based upon your raising you will head in a certain direction but at any time you can make a decision that is life altering. All action have an equal and opposite reaction type of thing. Every decision has a consequence either good or bad. Your choice.......

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I MAY be able to give a "safe" example; as I am hearing impaired (since birth), my father & older brother wanted me to get a 2 year degree in Electronic Technology & learn how to repair TV & Radios (NO Computers, in those days... heh!). They took the example of a member of our home-church member & FreeMason, who was an amputee (one leg) & had his own TV repair shop (his brother/my uncle) got him started; Bro "G" became very successful after his brother/my uncle died. SO! I was "disabled" & could do the same... repairing TV & Radios; Dad & older brother (UVA Grad) were gonna "set" me up with MY OWN Electronic (TV & Radio) Repair Shop in my home-town... THAT is "PRE-DETERMINED". HEH! 1 1/2 years of a 2 year program at the local community college was FUN! I was also taking Psychology, Para-Psychology, Philosophy, & Religion classes... which I LOVED! Then came the "Math part" of Electronic Tech... which I HATED! I, MYSELF determined that I was a PEOPLE person, rather than a PRODUCT person; & informed BOTH of 'em, that I was dropping Electronic Tech. at the community college & transferring to a 4 year college, which became a UNIVERSITY (they were NOT amused); FIRST Majoring in Sociology. Changed Major to PSYCHOLOGY. Got PSYCH. Degree in 1977, Minor in Religion (with HONORS); went on to get M.Ed. (Masters) in Counseling Psychology on 1978. BOTH years, taking LOTS of Religion & Philosophy courses... HAPPY as a CLAM! Love them, TOO! Heh... "Pre-Determination"...? NOT for ME! HA!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my fault on this one, just was sitting here early in morning and it just typed itself......MY BAD !!!!

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe Rebel your part was chosen but you didn't know it yet. I've always had a sense of knowing things before it happens. I could just feel that something I was doing was going to end wrong. Yes we can change the outcome by our decisions. Wither it was by Devine intervention or my on chose who to say. If one believes in God and believes the you are in the book of life. There is a way to have your name erased by your own choice. We are given free will. It's your chose to choose one way or the other. I believe we are guided in some way. I know that there are spirits that walk among us. I got pictures to prove it. Maybe they can influence us in some way. Because I have had them mad at me before . They can and will scare the ship out of you if they want to. I've seen that happen also. Now as the possibility of predestined or guided by forces we can't see. I will say yes to your question with the ability to change it. It's your choice so chose wisely.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
my fault on this one, just was sitting here early in morning and it just typed itself......MY BAD !!!!
Your 'puter is haunted??? :dontknow: :tongue3:

I'm gonna take my time writing this post. ...You know, Mr. I've-got-my-Psych-degree might decide to psycho-analyze me! :laughing9: Seriously though, want to get the wording right. To do this, I have to write my thoughts and experiences in a way that portrays them properly, while at the same time withholding as much information as possible to: 1) keep private things private and 2) keep from sounding like a fruitcake. ...I do that well enough on "normal" topics - don't need this topic making my task even easier!! :tongue3:

Well, no matter how I write this up, I still end up having to reveal things that I just cannot reveal. So....sorry, I just cannot talk openly about this topic.

All I "can" say is that, from my personal life experiences, there is one thing I know of that was predetermined from the earliest time of my life; probably before I was born. There are other things that were also predetermined, but not until closer to actual time of event. This was due to constant changes in the world. But most of the time, it would seem that we humans really are allowed free will.

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guessing it was a premonition to be, to put forth the words I typed....could we just need to think about this more clearly, type what we honestly believe....It was predetermined that I sit

here, right at this very keyboard, right now, and maybe change my path, could I change it, my path, the one set in stone, yes, but you must be strong, think out of the box, and make that

move, the MOVEMENT that would definitely not have been in line with your future, 'LIFE"S PREDETERMINED PATH'. it can be done, it takes nerve and thought, a willingness to act on......

If I can get my 'nerve' up to tell of a way, to alter your path, I will type 'my' key to this, but like I said, my thoughts are out of line and strange to most, so I will leave this alone for now.....

feel free to open your minds, say what you say, your path is in front of you, it is yours to alter........

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe my life is guided by God and it's his will in what I do and when I do it. I was chosen to be born in America instead of some 3rd world nation. I live day to day not knowing what is in store and I love it! I am one of the lucky ones.
Toolman Butch

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Random.

Choice 1: I could have, at any second, clubbed my ex-wife to death with a ball bat.

Choice 2: Trade her in for a much nicer, and newer, one.

Choice 1 would have landed me in prison with Bubba as a bunkmate, whereas choice 2 landed me in the Caribbean living on a sailboat.

So- it's all choices, some immediate and unplanned, which makes it random.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Your 'puter is haunted??? :dontknow: :tongue3:

I'm gonna take my time writing this post. ...You know, Mr. I've-got-my-Psych-degree might decide to psycho-analyze me! :laughing9: Seriously though, want to get the wording right. To do this, I have to write my thoughts and experiences in a way that portrays them properly, while at the same time withholding as much information as possible to: 1) keep private things private and 2) keep from sounding like a fruitcake. ...I do that well enough on "normal" topics - don't need this topic making my task even easier!! :tongue3:

Well, no matter how I write this up, I still end up having to reveal things that I just cannot reveal. So....sorry, I just cannot talk openly about this topic.

All I "can" say is that, from my personal life experiences, there is one thing I know of that was predetermined from the earliest time of my life; probably before I was born. There are other things that were also predetermined, but not until closer to actual time of event. This was due to constant changes in the world. But most of the time, it would seem that we humans really are allowed free will.
Tell me MORE, about that... your reluctance to "share"...

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Tell me MORE, about that... your reluctance to "share"...
Well, let's see.... The word reluctance means:
re•luc•tant (rĭ-lŭkˈtənt)►

adj.
Unwilling; disinclined: reluctant to help.
adj.
Exhibiting or marked by unwillingness: a reluctant smile.
adj.
Offering resistance; opposing.

laughing hysterically.gif

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will do you good to talk about it . So do share. We don't know who you are and I for sure will not judge you.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, I'm not the one who started this thread. I have all the answers/understanding that I personally need.

If we were all sitting in a room together discussing this subject, that might be a very different story. However, every time I try to write about anything, it always seems to start getting too involved - too personal. I'm not one of those folks that tells his every single move online. BRB - gotta tale a leak! ROFL - Copy.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread