What's new

Preform creek.

ROCKateer

Full Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
283
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shawnee, KS.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone have a creek that seems to have an abundance of preforms or chert. This one does!
 
Upvote 0
Anyone have a creek that seems to have an abundance of preforms or chert. This one does!

Chert preforms & other interesting things.
 

Attachments

  • image-3663687488.webp
    image-3663687488.webp
    100.4 KB · Views: 122
  • image-763891041.webp
    image-763891041.webp
    86.6 KB · Views: 99
  • image-247333475.webp
    image-247333475.webp
    75.6 KB · Views: 97
  • image-1406125659.webp
    image-1406125659.webp
    67.3 KB · Views: 114
  • image-1409855662.webp
    image-1409855662.webp
    91.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image-2235819782.webp
    image-2235819782.webp
    84.9 KB · Views: 106
I am thinking you have a source where the material is just coming apart naturally. Nothing says preform to me about those pieces. I've seen similar material up here that is just everywhere above a creek in pieces like that, but there is also an abundance even sticking out of the ground in areas. For some reason (and we have extreme freeze and thaw here) it just comes apart in similar fashion.

Do you find artifacts made of the material often too?
 
I agree Quito. The breaks look kinda fresh. That being said I HAVE found similar stuff when a shelter cave is near but it always had a good patina.
I am thinking you have a source where the material is just coming apart naturally. Nothing says preform to me about those pieces. I've seen similar material up here that is just everywhere above a creek in pieces like that, but there is also an abundance even sticking out of the ground in areas. For some reason (and we have extreme freeze and thaw here) it just comes apart in similar fashion.

Do you find artifacts made of the material often too?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom