• pre7rs.JPG
    pre7rs.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 425
  • pre8rs.JPG
    pre8rs.JPG
    4.1 KB · Views: 418
L

lotta102

The picture where the end is shiny looks like it could possibly be a small antler. Maybe a saber tooth tigers tooth. Also looks like a plant that has been buried in the mud.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
treasure_lady

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
There is a dike where I found this... others have found prehistoric mammals/birds there... so it could be as suggested... a tooth of some sort... thanks for looking and giving your opinions folks!

Upvote 0
N

nicknyc

i'm no expert, but that looks like a demon finger to me. yup. pure fossilized evil.

Upvote 0

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
The it just reminds me of a nail from an horse shoe..I had horses and they had nails in there shoes with that simular curve when they were pulled out.But I am not sure it is .

Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id lean to coral also or maybe a crinoid, a type of fibery fern. it have segments to the boby of it like a stack of coins would .or it spotty with pores like a coral would have?can help got some knowledge of this from home study ;D DEKALB33

Upvote 0
OP
OP
treasure_lady

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks for stopping by... it's always been a mystery to me... if I put it up side by side to my finger it looks the same size and the "knuckles" are at the same place. It does look like a petrified finger...but I'm certainly not an expert...but it's fun speculating!

Upvote 0
N

neverfindnothin

even if it was a petrified turd it would still give me nightmares, interesting find

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread