I am thinking that "well BUILTAFT" may be a dig on his size in the rear. He was made fun of because of his weight.bigcypresshunter said:Nice one. Yours is different than the presidential series gas station giveaways of the 50's and 60's. . I would imagine that this is older. BUILTAFT?

as in he has a big a$$
bigcypresshunter said:It appears to be a rare bronze period campaign token. I dont think its commemorative. 1900's.
This is true and i was wondering the same thing. Then i was thinking maybe his running mate made them. I wonder what the significance of the saying on the back is?Dano Sverige said:bigcypresshunter said:It appears to be a rare bronze period campaign token. I dont think its commemorative. 1900's.
Would he have made fun of his big a$$ on his own campaign tokens?

This makes a lot of sense Breezie and I am leaning toward your thoughts.Breezie said:I agree. I think this is a 1908 Presidential political propaganda token by William Bryan, who was a 3 time loser. Taft might have been a fat arse, but he was no dummy; he graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Yale, and the only man to serve as President of US and Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. Super nice find G, Breezie
Garabaldi said:Great job Bramblefield!!!Where did you find this source?
g
I found them with a newspaper article search on Genealogy.com. The first one is from the March 21, 1909 Grand Forks Herald, North Dakota and the 2nd one from the 4/5/1909 Saginaw News, Michigan but they both are articles that were reprinted in a different national newspapers in March & April of 1909.