Pretty good find today

halfhunt

Jul 20, 2007
Well I cashed in all my coins today (boy was that different). Anyways checked around that town and couldn't find anyone that was open on saturday that had anything but got 100.00 worth of dimes and headed to the next town, hit tons and tons of banks with big dissapointments! I was getting discouraged to say the least and we started at 9 when the banks were opening and it was getting closer to 11:00 so we headed again to another town and some guy that pulled out as we pulled in just bought all their halves! Looks like there might be someone else doing it. I got 20.00 of nickels and left. Well I rushed to a town another 20 miles away and hurriedly found a bank before they closed, well good thing is they had 15 rolls and I got 2 - 25.00 boxes of cents. I still had about 20 minutes till 12 so I found a few more dead ends then one that had about 1 roll loose and next door we visited the last bank of the day....200.00!! yay well we started finding silver in almost every roll, one had 4! We ended up with 29 40% kennedys and my first ben franklin a 63 in very good shape! 30 in total and the 3 from yesterday! I couldn't believe the turn around from a little over 350.00 today compared to almost 1000.00 yesterday. We're hooked!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

halfhunt

Jul 20, 2007
Update: Finished going through the halves and there was a 76' S and a 97' S Also found a silver dime in 100.00

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I got a silver Rosie from the reject tray at the coin counter today- thing is I was only dumping halves- didn't check before I started so don't know if it was already there or if $400+ in halves jarred it loose inside. Bonus... dumping halves and gettin a little silver to boot. HH Mark

OP
OP
H

halfhunt

Jul 20, 2007
The nickels turned up a few older ones but no war nickels. The cents turned up about 10-12 wheats, one was in the twenties, nothing special. I'll slowly get some silver built up though....Didn't have any silver halfs yesterday morning besides my proof bicentenial set and now have 32- 40% and the one franklin.

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on all your efforts.

Since you're new, I'd like to know what part of the country are you from? We do try to stay off each others turf, so to speak, but not always. ;) Never know, that guy coming out might have been on the list.

Knowing who is finding what and where really helps keep me motivated. ;D

HH.

OP
OP
H

halfhunt

Jul 20, 2007
Thanks for all the congrats. Persistance is my middle name:) Sheldius, I am in the middle of nowhere.....

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats HH. Very nice day.

PB is dead on concerning the persistence. Don't leave any stones unturned & your stash will grow.

Good luck in your future hunts and keep us posted.....with pictures if possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread