Mountain Maryland
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What up Tnetā€¦Iā€™m still around. I dusted off my gear and hit the road, ended up knocking on the door of an 1882 house. My permission said itā€™s been hunted a dozen times, ā€œyou wonā€™t find anythingā€ he said. So after squeezing out a few wheats, an old lock, and a plated spoon, (which I gifted as a thanks)I started to wrap it up. My call of one more keeper lead me to a messed up signalā€¦. Deep, low reading, with a flash of a 30 on the VDI (nox800). Ground was hard and dry, in mostly old gravelā€¦. Almost passed it up, but letā€™s go. I pull out a clump of round crap. Rust. Ugh. Dammitman.
But wait! A (1945)Merc is stuck/rusted together with the iron disk! What else could it be?
Thanks for looking!:hello:

Attachments

• IMG_4582.jpeg
    IMG_4582.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4583.jpeg
    IMG_4583.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
Upvote 10

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A ā€˜45 dime so a steel penny makes sense. The dime will display nicely. No one will know.šŸ«£ I imagine all the newer zinc pennies will eventually end up looking like your steel cent.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What up Tnetā€¦Iā€™m still around. I dusted off my gear and hit the road, ended up knocking on the door of an 1882 house. My permission said itā€™s been hunted a dozen times, ā€œyou wonā€™t find anythingā€ he said. So after squeezing out a few wheats, an old lock, and a plated spoon, (which I gifted as a thanks)I started to wrap it up. My call of one more keeper lead me to a messed up signalā€¦. Deep, low reading, with a flash of a 30 on the VDI (nox800). Ground was hard and dry, in mostly old gravelā€¦. Almost passed it up, but letā€™s go. I pull out a clump of round crap. Rust. Ugh. Dammitman.
But wait! A (1945)Merc is stuck/rusted together with the iron disk! What else could it be?
Thanks for looking!:hello:
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread