• 41Ak0jQbT7L._AC_SY580_.jpg
    41Ak0jQbT7L._AC_SY580_.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 27

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw a USA Today article yesterday that Biden stated that the Ukraine / Russia ordeal highlights how important it is for us to become energy independent. The article questioned whether it was possible. Are you freaking kidding me?!!!

Can't make this stuff up.. I feel like I don't belong in this world anymore.

When the things they say make absolutely zero sense and is clearly not based on logic it’s because they are lying to you. Plane and simple.

Say one thing, do another. All of them.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well , on the bright side , fuel is available anyways.

Meant to fill up yesterday but was in a snowsquall.

Bought a couple gallons of white gas the other day.
Appreciating my old stuff that burns it compared to the one pound propane cylinders that have been getting pricey (er).

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used ti get down to around a 1/4 tank or fuel light on and fill up. Now I get to 3/4 a tank and fill up.
The price will just be more the next day.
On the way to a Publix to get their homemade bread saw a new station with regular at $4.19, told wife I was stopping to top off, gage still said full but I figured there was room enough for 2-3 gallons if I tried, wrong, most I could get in was........$1.00 LOL...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If only the US had alternative sources of energy.
I,ll answer my own question.How about ethanol?Pure ethanol is as expensive as Gasoline or more so.Ethanol blends,with gasoline are only price competitive if highly subsidized.That,s already been proven.Corn is the most commonly used grain to produce ethanol and production of corn to make ethanol takes away from feed grains and human food.All in all not a viable substitute for oil.Electric cars are not viable using current battery technology,range being the main drawback,finding a place to recharge being another.Producing the electricity to charge the mass of nascent electric cars requires either construction of Nuclear power plants or burning copious amounts of fossil fuel,which if you,ve noticed are in short supply right now.Wind and solar just don,t have the ability to produce in those quantities. And nobody wants the windmills or panels in their back yard.Not in that amount.Production and disposal of all those batteries is not ecologically harmless either.Take a look at photos of some of the main lithium producing sites,turn ya stomach.Not even mentioned is the cost to build all those charging stations,few can afford the luxury of a home charging station,not to mention the cost of the electricity. Not viable. There seems to be some promise in hydrogen fuel cell technology,but it,s not there yet and funding for more research is sadly lacking due to the current rage for Electric vehicles.I,m told that it takes a large amount of electricity,great amounts,to produce the Hydrogen,more than can be supplied by wind and solar.So that,s not a freebie either at this time.Good thing is that the cells themselves don,t produce any significant pollution so maybe there,s a trade off there. Old technology that trains use is the use of a relatively small gas or diesel engine to run an on board generator to power an electric motor that would actually drive the car.No batteries required but still need oil and gasoline.I don,t know about the MPG or technological difficulties involved.I do know litle research is going on concerning this. So,if we,re going to have a viable,economical,transportation system,commercial and personal for a nation this size,oil is it for the near future at least. Not least,all this has to be affordable to the AVERAGE American,not just the elite or near elite.

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,ll answer my own question.How about ethanol?Pure ethanol is as expensive as Gasoline or more so.Ethanol blends,with gasoline are only price competitive if highly subsidized.That,s already been proven.Corn is the most commonly used grain to produce ethanol and production of corn to make ethanol takes away from feed grains and human food.All in all not a viable substitute for oil.Electric cars are not viable using current battery technology,range being the main drawback,finding a place to recharge being another.Producing the electricity to charge the mass of nascent electric cars requires either construction of Nuclear power plants or burning copious amounts of fossil fuel,which if you,ve noticed are in short supply right now.Wind and solar just don,t have the ability to produce in those quantities. And nobody wants the windmills or panels in their back yard.Not in that amount.Production and disposal of all those batteries is not ecologically harmless either.Take a look at photos of some of the main lithium producing sites,turn ya stomach.Not even mentioned is the cost to build all those charging stations,few can afford the luxury of a home charging station,not to mention the cost of the electricity. Not viable. There seems to be some promise in hydrogen fuel cell technology,but it,s not there yet and funding for more research is sadly lacking due to the current rage for Electric vehicles.I,m told that it takes a large amount of electricity,great amounts,to produce the Hydrogen,more than can be supplied by wind and solar.So that,s not a freebie either at this time.Good thing is that the cells themselves don,t produce any significant pollution so maybe there,s a trade off there. Old technology that trains use is the use of a relatively small gas or diesel engine to run an on board generator to power an electric motor that would actually drive the car.No batteries required but still need oil and gasoline.I don,t know about the MPG or technological difficulties involved.I do know litle research is going on concerning this. So,if we,re going to have a viable,economical,transportation system,commercial and personal for a nation this size,oil is it for the near future at least. Not least,all this has to be affordable to the AVERAGE American,not just the elite or near elite.
Freaking nailed it!! It goes much deeper on each point and I'm sure you are well aware of that but, yeah... Freakin nailed it! Also, I'm sensing just a bit of sarcasm in the post you replied to :laughing7:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freaking nailed it!! It goes much deeper on each point and I'm sure you are well aware of that but, yeah... Freakin nailed it! Also, I'm sensing just a bit of sarcasm in the post you replied to :laughing7:
Thanks,I tried not to get too carried away. Avoiding politics too,not allowed here you see.I just hate to see a statement like that and no alternative offered.Thought I,d do that.

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks,I tried not to get too carried away. Avoiding politics too,not allowed here you see.I just hate to see a statement like that and no alternative offered.Thought I,d do that.
There are some companies apparently producing and selling vehicles that use a gas engine to power a generator and use electricity as the primary fuel for the majority of the time. My neighbor has a Hyundai that does that supposedly. It's an SUV and averages 38mpg. Pretty darn good for an SUV. All just based on what he's told me though so take that for what it's worth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread