What's new

primitive looking piece...need id help

wildcatman71

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2007
Messages
675
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300, Vintage Tesoro Sidewinder
Ok....Here is what I know....this belonged to a freinds grandfather. Nobody really know what this is....after really looking at it....I would almost guess you put a votive type candle in it...and hung it up. Some sort of lantern? Dont know....what do you think?? Thanks.....
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 415
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 410
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 410
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    43.8 KB · Views: 423
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 417
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 409
Could that be one of those religious things that they put incense in and swing it around?
HH
John
 
Upvote 0
Dirty john....I would call that a great guess. Sounds good to me...I have seen those....but not close enough to make a judgment. Maybe someone will know what those are called...and I could check it out.
 
Upvote 0
Nice ID Lucas ! Here's some in a book I have - I think Meat Market people used them to wrap up the hunks in paper .
 

Attachments

  • STR 001.webp
    STR 001.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 351
  • STR 002.webp
    STR 002.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 343
  • STR 003.webp
    STR 003.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 356
Upvote 0
Thanks alot for all the great help and info....now I wonder.....whats this thing worth??
 
Upvote 0
Maker unknown, (so far) generic in appearance, cast piece, hanging bracket missing.
As is: $20-$25.
Find the bracket, double or even triple.
 
Upvote 0
you folks amaze me. I could probably invent something today, something never seen before by man, I could take a picture of it, post the picture here and one of you would tell me what it is! :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom