digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He was bad azz back in the 80's when I was in highschool

Game, blouses.

bummer, life in the fast lane but 57 not too bad

Funny story I have about Prince.

Back when I was in the Army, my last Team I was on was a dive Team. On this Team I was the biggest guy on the Team 6'6" at around 280 pounds back in 2000. Most of the new Special Forces dive operators around that time where pretty small fella's.

We had just flown in to Germany for a few days on our way home out of Africa. Not really much to do when you need to stick around but hang out in the Gym all day and lift the house. SO I had my music player going in my ears and I was just getting in the zone. Nothing more relaxing than a great audio book and 10 hours in the gym, you do not even know you pressed the house until the next morning. LOL

So this new Bravo we had on the Team was jamming out on his music player, man like really getting into and just working out as hard as his little self could. His Senior Bravo yelled over at him to ask what he was listening to, it was some kind of metal or something like that. The kid thinking everything was like a Fox Test of course asked him what he was listening to and he told him, then he asked another guy and so on and so on.

The kid got around to me and asked me and I told him to get back on the weights so a man down range does not throw him around like a rag doll. His Senior Bravo yells over to him he always listens to audio books when he works out. This young wiper snapper looks at me and says is that true, so what are you listening to. I told him Hank The Cow Dog, its a kids book, really funny stuff.

This young fella was like what, are you joking me and tells me he wrote his first book report on Hank the Cow Dog back in elementary school. This kid was clearly trying to make me feel old I guess, he had his laughs like everyone does and then he got back on his machine.

There was another guy in the we used to call Plugger, now he was not on our Team but had been with us. He was around my age I guess, the man was seriously a monsterous sized person and lived to work out and train. He did not talk much to the new guys but that was normal, new guys you do not know if they are going to run after their first term or raise that hand again. The new guys just stayed clear of plugger.

But plugger came over and asked me if I was done with this one bench, which I was and he asked if I could spot him on 705 pounds plus. So I was like sure why not. We stack it and he says he will start with 30 fast half low rep, its actually harder than it sounds at 705 pounds but will give you a nice fast burn and get you ready for some real weight you know.

So plugger bangs these out fast and proper, and then I help him set the bar. and he stands up all fast in front of he mirror and starts doing this funny dancing around and singing the chores to Purple Rain, but like really loud and he is all into it. That new diver just takes a fall right on his face on the treadmill and is more concerned with looking at plugger than getting up off the ground.

Us older ones know Plugger's ways in messing with people so we did not even bat an eye. Plugger takes his head set off and all loud to the rest of gym, sorry folks I just really get into that part. Then looks at me and says OK, now lets go heavy man. LOL

After that I must have heard that young fella mention that day in at least 7 other countries we where. He would always come up with it at the oddest times and be like hey guys do you all remember when Plugger did that.

I think Plugger gave that kid instant PTSD with Purple Rain. We used to play with that kid so much about that. He said once to me that he would have thought we all would have been into metal. He reenlisted in the Ghan and right after he takes his oath one of the guys starting playing Purple Rain, and that kid looked all around as to where that was coming from. After it was over we gave him crap and asked him if he was worried that Plugger was going to come get little him in his sleep tonight.

The kid says heck no, but I was thinking, thank God we could really use someone like him right about now.

Sorry folks, maybe it was just something you had to be there for, but I still laugh when I think of it and thought I would share it when I saw this thread.

I never really got into Prince's original music.
There may have been 1 or 2 I liked, But I can't remember them any more.
and it may have just been that I liked the women in his videos back when MTV was MTV.
He did have some great lookin' women in his vids .

He was a good guitarist , but again these days I only listen to him in
other musicians vids

Welp I guess my ultra super rare private gift black album on clear vinyl just went through the roof in value.

Last edited:
Would be hard to part with... but heh...

When Johnny Carson died I got an offer on my High Times magazine signed centerfold... from way back... that I just could not refuse.

Don't really miss it.

Johnny Carson Died ? I'll have to google that. I thought he was still around :tongue3:

Welp I guess my ultra super rare private gift black album on clear vinyl just went through the roof in value.

Was valued at 6k over 12 years ago by a dealer.

Yep, it will be like that Jackson stuff when he died. Man that stuff went through the roof globally, but it was one of those things that needed to be sold within a few months wen the demand was there.

I recognize some of his songs-

But I just saw the news. And people are crying and distraught and the world is stunned???

I guess I just don't have a thing for worshiping singers and celebrities.

Last edited:
Welp perhaps the dream of "cashing out" on the above mentioned album has been dashed... heh

Seems some smoke was blown up my arse by the record dealer years ago...

No wonder when he said it was worth 6k back then and I said "give me 3 grand and its yours"...he replied "I cant afford it".

Bah :P
Welp we will see... may have someone list it.

I THINK this is it... the same one... was handed out to select people and a handful of radio stations by Prince.

https://www.discogs.com/Prince-Black-Album/release/6905258

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back