What's new

Privy find

okerraine

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2009
Messages
435
Reaction score
221
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Teknetics T2 Minelab equinox 800 CTX Firty Firty
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know the significance of this countermark? I found it in a civil war era privy. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 1450041083567.webp
    1450041083567.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 14
Could be!
 
Oh my! I wonder? Could it be associated with Matthew Brady!?!? :dontknow: :idea1:
 
Many counter stamps are attributable but there are so many more that are not; I personally think that is what makes them so interesting!
I have found many and still have no idea where their origins were, I hope you are able to come up with an answer to yours.
Being on a USA large cent it's probably connected to a business from the early to mid 1800s
Best of luck finding your Info
 
Great find. But regardless of "BRADY", What is it? Is it a U.S. Dime, Half Dime or Quarter?

Still, very cool!
 
tokameel, it is a us large cent.
 
Thanks everyone so far for the info!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom