pro gun/pro American

Treasure is right reb, you are wrong.

must be feeling cornered. Take a deep breath.

UP YOURS! I shot one to qualify for MY weapon permit, TWO years!

Warning, watch your language and watch the comments you direct towards me.....

I don't care if you fired it yesterday, it is not an assault rifle, assault rifles are AUTOMATIC........

Last edited:
PTC I'll watch the vid later, promise. Just not ready right now.

Rebel, go to a gun shop and tell them you want to see an AR-15 assault rifle, and insist it be the AR-15 assault rifle too, tell them you dont want to see the AR-15 rifle, you want the AR-15 assault version....LOL

Last edited:
Yes, Ted Nugent is a great patriot, imo. Heck, I'd even vote for him as prez!
Bev, no biggie, I know how it goes and I do that too sometimes.
Gentlemen, gentlemen, sociatal decay........ it starts where? :laughing7:

I don't care if you fired it yesterday, it is not an assault rifle, assault rifles are AUTOMATIC........

THANK YOU, for the warning; YOU BAITED me, and I reacted; it IS classified as An ASSAULT RIFLE; I WILL NOT back down from this!

THANK YOU, for the warning; YOU BAITED me, and I reacted; it IS classified as An ASSAULT RIFLE; I WILL NOT back down from this!

Show me where is is classified as an assault rifle...

Rebel, go to a gun shop and tell them you want to see an AR-15 assault rifle, and insist it be the AR-15 assault rifle too, tell them you dont want to see the AR-15 rifle, you want the AR-15 assault version....LOL

Don't NEED to go, already know; YOU can "google" AR-15 ASSAULT RIFLE Beginning to worry it may never get to kill INNOCENT Person; GOOD "read".

Careful Rebel, Your hatred of guns is making it hard to understand your posts. You could hurt yourself. Breathe,,,exhale. Breathe....exhale.

Here you go Rebel, straight from your Wiki link... Notice it does not say ASSAULT anywhere.........(And I know why you want go and ask, it is embarressing to get laughed at..)

The AR-15 is a lightweight, 5.56 mm, magazine-fed, semi-automatic rifle, with a rotating-lock bolt, actuated by direct impingement gas operation or long/short stroke piston operation. It is manufactured with the extensive use of aluminum alloys and synthetic materials.
The AR-15 was first built by ArmaLite as a selective fire rifle for the United States armed forces. Because of financial problems, ArmaLite sold the AR-15 design to Colt. The select-fire AR-15 entered the US military system as the M16 rifle. Colt then marketed the Colt AR-15 as a semi-automatic version of the M16 rifle for civilian sales in 1963.[SUP][8][/SUP] Although the name "AR-15" remains a Colt registered trademark, variants of the firearm are independently made, modified and sold under various names by multiple manufacturers.

Treasure_Hunter said:

No offense but that is not true either. First of all the term assault rifle/weapon is not one with a strict definition. Similar to submachine gun and machine pistol. And actually a real nitpicking point if you were going into a gun shop and wanted to be technically correct you would not be asking for a rifle but a carbine as you would prob be buying a civi version of the m4 variant in the ar15 family of weapons. As to the number of shots being fired that is also incorrect. Early assault rifled were exclusively fully automatic. During the Vietnam war it was decided that weapons on fully auto lacked accuracy and basically were bullet waster. Now almost all assault rifles are selective fire with semi auto and three round burst with one variant of the current m4 carbine family offering fully automatic option on selective fire.

This does though prove the point that gun rights advocates have been making around how dumb it is to regulate based on a somewhat made up definitions - like military style assault weapons - which is really just used to try and scare people. Effective regulation could be done on rate of fire etc etc. - more tangible operating characteristics of the weapon.

Best

Last edited by a moderator:
So you disagree with the entire U.S. Army? Why try to discredit? Who's side are you on anyway?
And further more I and then because and such n such thereby with out further adieu.......
Meaning to say I am left speechless.

AND! YOU can "google" AR-15 classification as ASSAULT WEAPON; AWB (Assault Weapons Ban) defined a broad category of SEMI-AUTOMATIC rifles (AR-15), handguns, & shotguns with MILITARY-style characteristics as being ASSAULT WEAPONS! AWB expired in 2004, and will PROBABLY be renewed in 2013.

Why are you being antagonistic Crispin. You know that is the real nuts and bolts argument,, Let's try to remain civil, please.

Where did crispy's post go am I hallucinating?

Careful Rebel, Your hatred of guns is making it hard to understand your posts. You could hurt yourself. Breathe,,,exhale. Breathe....exhale.

NOT my "hatred of guns"; it's the BAITING, INSULTS, etc, from "know-it-alls" that gets me "riled" up

Guys forget the googling. You are getting caught up in the same "definition argument" that has lead to a lot of ineffective gun restrictions.

First of all the term assault rifle/weapon is not one with a strict military definition. Similar to submachine gun and machine pistol. And actually a real nitpicking point if you were going into a gun shop and wanted to be technically correct you would not be asking for a rifle but a carbine as you would prob be buying a civi version of the m4 variant in the ar15 family of weapons. As to the number of shots being fired that is also incorrect. Early assault rifled were exclusively fully automatic. During the Vietnam war it was decided that weapons on fully auto lacked accuracy and basically were bullet waster. Now almost all assault rifles are selective fire with semi auto and three round burst with one variant of the current m4 carbine family offering fully automatic option on selective fire. The SAW and later light machine guns providing fully automatic direct and cover fire at the squad level. Let me know if more detail is needed

This does though prove the point that gun rights advocates have been making around how dumb it is to regulate based on a somewhat made up definitions - like military style assault weapons - which is really just used to try and scare people. Effective regulation could be done on rate of fire etc etc. - more tangible operating characteristics of the weapon.

Best

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back