Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin,

I didn't mean to strike a nerve with you, obviously everyone on anti-depressants doesn't commit mass murder.

Read some of the stories, most from newspaper articles, they seem to check out, of course I didn't read all 4800.

If this is not what has changed in our society, please tell me what has.

11 percent of Americans use antidepressants, study finds - DailyHerald.com

According to a government study 11% of Americans were on anti-depressants in 2012.

315 million x (.11) x $ 4.00/ mo. (your price)= $ 138,640,000.00 per month. Peanuts I guess. Of course that's just the US, do the math on 7 billion people.

I'm not saying these drugs are the only cause, but we got along fine without them 40 years ago. 40 years ago when school shootings were unheard of, and guns were easier to obtain than they are now.

Maven

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guys all the major pharma companies are publicly traded pfizer, merck, bms , etc. They have actually underperformed the markets for some time. Generics are killing them Bret spend billions developing and getting a new drug approved and bang done company in India does a knockoff. So if anyone wants to ride the coattails of big pharma just dial up your broker.

Used to have the same discussion with folks who thought Halliburton was this big evil company making trillions off the gov. Again it's a public company and all info is public. Was never that profitable at all during the bush/chaney years and the part of the biz that fid the gov military contracts - brown and root - was barely profitable. So much for the great conspiracy. On an interesting aside, I did sit next to Chaney once at a lunch when I worked at a Boston money management firm. We were pretty big owners of HAL when Chaney was chairman. No horns or tail as I can remember. Just a pretty regular guy. Best.

Carla705

Jan 27, 2013
Santa Rosa, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loved the Video. Couldn't agree more with all that he said. Of course the mass shootings are tragic, and I cry and pray for their families. I just don't believe that there should be a knee-jerk reaction by our politicians. I think we have gone from a government 'for the people by the people' to a government that wants to regulate the people. The percentage of people in the US that committee these awful acts is a minute fraction compared to the law abiding citizens that own weapons. I don't believe this will be solved by regulating the masses to protect from the few. The few will circumvent any regulations put in place. IMHO all this will do is create a huge black market for the banned weapons and clips. I've heard on the radio that they are considering some additional taxes on ammunition. I thought the issue was gun control not more revenue for the government. I hope that this will end with our 2nd amendment rights being protected.

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
contact your representatives now.lets get off our as7s.

Last edited:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bevo said:
contact your representatives now.lets get off our as7s.

Contact reps - we are way beyond that don't you think. Time to take to the streets in force. What good do you think REPS are gonna do you. In the end they are all the same, lookin to strip us of our rights and arms. Then it's one quick step before we ate rounded up into the camps. All as your rep is going to do is look for a donation and tell you everything will be ok.

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
Stocky, get some.But we gotta try, right?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Stockpicker is trying to go radical and get the violence going.:laughing7:Thats what they want stockpicker.Thats what theyre waiting for.:sign10:It wont happen,violence is a last resort measure when all else fails.Only idiots want violence.

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
but its nice to see stocky get passionate.
"try"meant contacting reps

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:
Stockpicker is trying to go radical and get the violence going.:laughing7:Thats what they want stockpicker.Thats what theyre waiting for.:sign10:It wont happen,violence is a last resort measure when all else fails.Only idiots want violence.

That goodness our colonial forefathers didnt think this way. We'd still be singing god save the queen and watching the rugby finals instead of the superbowl. To many of my forefathers died fighting in wars for this country to give it all back. Got to be willing to shed blood to defend our beliefs. Better dead than red (not referring to you red James).

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
passion.

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
still waitin for you to pull the rug out.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

No,theres no passion there.You cant suddenly do a 180 degree turn around and become passionate about something.Passion needs time to grow,mature.Passion isnt instantaneous. Patriots are born not made.Stockpicker is trying to incite:sign10:

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
stocky, do you have anything to say about reds retort?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeh, sounds like a liberal argument trying to squash some views they don't like. And no one is born a patriot, its earned every single day of your life!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeh, sounds like a liberal argument trying to squash some views they don't like. And no one is born a patriot, its earned every single day of your life!

Youre the one with lib tendencies.:laughing9:youre projecting again stockpicker:laughing7:.Tell us how you earn to become a patriot.By the way,how long have your ancestors,family, been in this country?Patriots are born not made.Patriotism is in the heart you cant earn it,you cant learn it,you cant produce it,its not manufactured.Either you are or youre not,there is no in between.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Youre the one with lib tendencies.:laughing9:youre projecting again stockpicker:laughing7:.Tell us how you earn to become a patriot.By the way,how long have your ancestors,family, been in this country?Patriots are born not made.Patriotism is in the heart you cant earn it,you cant learn it,you cant produce it,its not manufactured.Either you are or youre not,there is no in between.

This is precisely why obama will never really understand or appreciate this country. He is no patriot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread