What's new

Probably Roman

robfinds

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
3,531
Reaction score
4,422
Golden Thread
5
Location
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Had this small coin the other day. It's probably late Roman, the head though looks a bit different. Any ideas from Cru Dad, would be great.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7417.webp
    IMG_7417.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_7416.webp
    IMG_7416.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 8
Dad just emailed:

[FONT=&quot]We can see it is Barbarous but with an attempted? Diadem type depicted head. With all the lines on the Reverse I suspect it is trying to copy a Soldier spearing Horseman which were commonly imitated. So I am going with a FEL TEMP REPARATIO AE4 Imitation coin of circa 350-360AD but it could be anything barbarous.[/FONT]
 
There should be a game show: Stump Cru and Cru'dad.

Great find Rob and glad you received an ID.

Cheers
 
Dad just emailed:

We can see it is Barbarous but with an attempted? Diadem type depicted head. With all the lines on the Reverse I suspect it is trying to copy a Soldier spearing Horseman which were commonly imitated. So I am going with a FEL TEMP REPARATIO AE4 Imitation coin of circa 350-360AD but it could be anything barbarous.


Nice one Cru, that was fast. Many thanks to Cru Dad also.:thumbsup:
 
Hmmm...I see a hedgehog lol.
 
That's one small coin, congrats on the find Robert.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom