Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anyone in the country watch this game? I turned it on expecting to see all the allstars play and what I saw was a farce. They'd line up, hike the ball and then the line would just stand around and arm tackle anyone who would run by. It was just like they were playing "Watch the Pass" or somethning. Everyone was afraid to make any contact for fear of being in
jured. If no one was ready to accept a pass, they just let it go and stood around looking at each other! I turned if off after one quarter because it looked as if no one was trying to win! Pitiful indeed. I
I'll bet that was the easiest 50 tou they made all year! Monty

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't watch the ProBowl because it's nothing more than a popularity contest. I have heard that it was worse than usual this year.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sentiments exactly. While it's an honor to be on the all star team, it's not much of a game to watch. No one wants to win or needs to win for that matter. The super bowl is a much better game to watch. Monty

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a player, why would you even want to play in the Pro Bowl? You just battled through a long season and now you are playing a game that matters to nobody right before a game that actually matters. And you could very easily get injured and possibly be done ever playing football ever again in a game that nobody cares about.

I don't understand why you are making a big deal out of this. Of course the Super Bowl is better. It's teams playing for SOMETHING.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has turned into an outing for the boys rather than an actual game. Never saw anhyone take a serious hit nor deliver one. It was so disgustingly silly to watch I turned it off to watch championship tidly winks or something more mundane. Monty

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not making a big deal, just an observation. You missed the whole point. It was not a big deal or any deal for that matter. Monty

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I guess I did miss the point.

But has it ever been taken seriously? I can understand 40 years ago how a game like that could be a big deal to the players. But now when they are all making millions of dollars per year, it is really not in their best interested to even play in that game. It's very easy for a 350 lb lineman to fall on a 190 lb RB and crush his knee.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I am of the baseball mindset as that was my favorite sport. Those guys still seem to play to win. But I can see why a 6 figure multimillion dollar a year contract would be an incentive to remain to stay healthy. I just hate to see any other sports go the way of Genuine Fake Wrestling

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I guess I am of the baseball mindset as that was my favorite sport. Those guys still seem to play to win. But I can see why a 6 figure multimillion dollar a year contract would be an incentive to remain to stay healthy. I just hate to see any other sports go the way of Genuine Fake Wrestling

Watching any basketball all star game is pretty much the same way. It just ends up being a dunk contest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread