wow sorry about the extremely late reply lol
When my mum moved to the states I was helping with packing up all her gear and a family friend was moving some items in the backyard and found it half buried in the garden. When I saw it I wanted it as I'm a sucker for anything old and different looking :P
My 1st thoughts were that the bell must be some mass produced cooper replica, but after actually cleaning it up and showing some people they pointed out many things which could make it something of value. One thing is that the bell was damaged at one stage but repaired...
Anyhow, I still don't have my proper metal detector, and I can't say that I actually found this using my metal detector... I still don't regret cleaning it as I'm glade I could see it in the same way when it was actually was made, I bang on it using a wooden spoon to annoy my future to be wife

Speaking of marrage, does anyone know where I can find some nice diamond rings as buying them means no MineLabs detector for me for a while....
I tried the line on how I should buy the detector to find the wedding rings... but then I got into trouble when my other half reminded me when I lost her 18ct Gold ring with a decent size ruby which was a family airloom when I decided to try out how good my el-cheepo target metal detector really was....And yes I know I will go down in TH history as one of biggest idiots of all time for that stunt!
I coulding find it using 2 x MineLabs detectors, setting up a grid over the whole backyard, using lights and rakes and fire and water... it vanished off the face of the planet... and whats worse is we moved house
Angela I haven't been out for a while, I took my el-cheapo detector to the beach but it went crazy everywhere.. thanks for the tips Michigan Badger
