What's new

Proofs

SnakemanBill

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
411
Reaction score
233
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been at this for about 5 months now and I've accumulated quite a few proof coins probably a dozen or so all halves with the exception of a single proof nickel I found last week. Is there a market for these coins? If so, where? Would anyone here be interested in them?

Thanks.

Bill
 
Upvote 0
You might find someone here. I'm trying to see how many of the proofs I can get from circ only so not me personally. But yeah you could try Ebay especially if you can gather a full roll worth of them.
 
Heck I have two rolls of them. My coin dealer does not want them, as he says nobody wants to buy them.
 
Proofs from 70 and before are silver... same comp. as normal coins from those years.

Then from 71-to I think 91.... proofs are all non-silver. Then from 92-08 there is a non silver AND silver version.

I could be wrong on the 92 switch over...

~Dave
 
I have 2 1970 S coins that do not look like silver. Did they switch over in the middle of the year? They don't have the patina and they don't have the sound when you drop them on the counter.
 
I have several late 60s proofs. I will not let go of those! ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom