Prospecting Reno/Carson area

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A very generous invite

OP
OP
B

bartermark

Nov 9, 2011
NV
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
since im new here figured id provide a little more info.

have around 100 acres of virgin ground to dig out of 160 acre claim. 3 nice dry washes running through it. found gold every time out last summer.

using handmade hand crank trommel/classifier. large royal drywasher. gold cube. whites GMT.

fairly remote area, definitely no water available. went out sat but still to much moisture for good recovery.

would like to find someone who can help read the land to maximize the sampling efforts.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
since im new here figured id provide a little more info.

have around 100 acres of virgin ground to dig out of 160 acre claim. 3 nice dry washes running through it. found gold every time out last summer.

using handmade hand crank trommel/classifier. large royal drywasher. gold cube. whites GMT.

fairly remote area, definitely no water available. went out sat but still to much moisture for good recovery.

would like to find someone who can help read the land to maximize the sampling efforts.

If no one turns up here try the Reno Gold Prospectors club: GPAA of Northern Nevada Reno - Home

President: Larry Robbins Phone: Cell-(775) 842-7244
email: [email protected]

I called Larry when I was out there last year and he put me on the gold at one of their claims. Pretty sure he can help you find someone from the club.

GG~

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough area for any gold of size. Black Rock Desert,Lahonton Placers,no mining Carson River anymore ,VC Highlands private same as 6 mile. Stay outta Carson City canyon west as water used by city and when they come you will NOT be happy. Placers upstream from Dayton and way out towards Fallon. Reno Prospectors used to be a decent club back in the day but no recent contact?John

OP
OP
B

bartermark

Nov 9, 2011
NV
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
it is my claim and its in a known placer mining district in the area that is still active. no nuggets to date but definitely some pickers and course gold

highdesertranger

Sep 23, 2008
so kalifornia
Detector(s) used
gmt, falcon md20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will be south of you june, july. I will be scouting areas. pm me if this works(in your area). no need to discuss areas on a open forum. highdesertranger

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I am a Dowser and map dowser...I live in Minden...I would like to do a map of your claim..If you are interested send me a PM...Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions