Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

JohninCT

Apr 23, 2003
Wallingford, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Pulsepower Aquastar ll, Minelab CTX 3030, Sovereign GT, Nautilus DMC2Ba. Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
I have watched this thread and see a lot of slamming of e-bay, yet I sell on e-bay with 100% positive feedback on 2475 sales. I sure will admit that there are people with many thousands of sales that burn a lot of people, but because of so many sales, they maintain a 95% or better feedback. So the answer is, don't buy from anyone with less than 100% feedback (unless you see the bad feedback was unwarranted, which does some times happen from new customers on e-bay). I have bought and sold stuff on this and other detector sites also, and I have seen and had bad deals here as well. I went back and forth on one item which I never received and never got more than 1/2 my money back. Nothing I could do about the rest I was owed. At least on e-bay I could have filed a claim and got all my money back fairly easily. No guarantees here for sure. Don't bet on USPS or UPS to refund for losses as they can be almost impossible, and will drag on for months with no end, (even though I will give the USPO just a few points above UPS on this). Forget it if it is misrepresented junk, they will do nothing. It is all a gamble.

Last edited:

oneton

Jul 24, 2006
LOUISIANA
Most forum members know better than to buy a detector from ebay its a crap shot. only buy from the forums
the junk is what is most of the time put on ebay,learn the hard way my father used to say and you will never forget.

Lisarez66

Dec 5, 2014
EastCoast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher
GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just on ebay and looked thru all used mds. I seen a couple of nice ones, I would most certainly buy!
I also seen one from yuuup and it was scary, I was very afraid! Thanks for the headsup!

JohninCT

Apr 23, 2003
Wallingford, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Pulsepower Aquastar ll, Minelab CTX 3030, Sovereign GT, Nautilus DMC2Ba. Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Most forum members know better than to buy a detector from ebay its a crap shot. only buy from the forums
the junk is what is most of the time put on ebay,learn the hard way my father used to say and you will never forget.

That is totally wrong, you have the ebay return policy to get a refund on misrepresented junk and it works, you just have to wait a bit after you file a claim.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are scammers on both sides of the fence on ebay. But having said that it is a buyer's market, not so much a seller's market. I've purchased around 130 items off ebay from a variety of sellers, only a few were less then anticipated. However, most of my better buys (targeted buys, actually) have been from sellers who had no idea what they had, mostly chance purchases on items that were poorly listed or listed wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread