PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT regarding: yuuuup11

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
DO NOT purchase ANY items from a seller that goes by the name "yuuuup11" on ebay. They are out of California and they have a generic disclaimer on their postings that ask you not to open a case with ebay if there is a problem and not to leave negative feedback. The pictures they post of Metal Detectors are deceptive and their generic comment used "in good shape works good" is false.
You can PM me for details if needed.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
yuuuup11 sounds like that Dave that was on that storage wars back a year or so ago ...

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DO NOT purchase ANY items from a seller that goes by the name "yuuuup11" on ebay. They are out of California and they have a generic disclaimer on their postings that ask you not to open a case with ebay if there is a problem and not to leave negative feedback. The pictures they post of Metal Detectors are deceptive and their generic comment used "in good shape works good" is false.
You can PM me for details if needed.

He has over 37,000 positive feedbacks on eBay with over a 99% positive feedback score.... I would trust this guy.... You cant get these kind of numbers by ripping people off....

E = Mc2

Greenie
Jun 17, 2013
Vine Grove, KY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He has over 37,000 positive feedbacks on eBay with over a 99% positive feedback score.... I would trust this guy.... You cant get these kind of numbers by ripping people off....

Precisely. Perhaps you could provide reasons that we shouldn't trust him aside from your say-so?

OP
OP
penzfan

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
He recently sold an Excal 1000 that needed a new coil(cable split in three places), battery(dead), charger(the one provided was for a Motorola radio), and charger adapter(parts missing). That's a lot of work needed for a unit that was advertised as "looks and works great". But don't take my "say-so" for it, purchase the Sovereign he currently has listed and see what you get. I'm just trying to save someone else from being ripped off.

OP
OP
penzfan

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
By the way the picture of the Excal had the 3 splits in the cable hidden.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Precisely. Perhaps you could provide reasons that we shouldn't trust him aside from your say-so?

I agree he has a lot of sales and good feedback, but he has a lot of recent bad transactions. I think that Ebay should base a buyer's feedback score on recent transactions only, say a year. I have bought from buyer's who had great feedback scores, but then went sour quickly in their customer service all at one time.

You can also leave bad feedback comments and other buyers don't see it. Supposedly Ebay keeps this history in order to keep a track of future action against a seller/buyer, but you don't know any of this as a future customer.

I look at everything when I purchase from big seller's. You can have someone with 2,000 sells a month and then they may have 60 bad transactions or even good feedback with negative comments and still have a 90+% score.

Another problem that I have been the victim of, is seller's having items shipped to me that are either damaged or advertised wrong. They will reimburse me, but won't cover my shipping charges back to them.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you go by finding this yuuuup11 on ebay i tried to look him up but did not know how ?

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you go by finding this yuuuup11 on ebay i tried to look him up but did not know how ?

Go to advance search and scroll down to the field that allows you to search by seller's name. Copy and past the name in the field.

gdzag

Oct 17, 2014
Trenton, Mi.
Detector(s) used
(2) Minelab E-Tracs, Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics G2+ LTD, Blisstool LTC64X V6 3 coil pkg, (2) Deteknix X-PinPointers, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Fisher F-Pulse PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to advance search and scroll down to the field that allows you to search by seller's name. Copy and past the name in the field.

Or you can quickly highlite his name, right-click on the highlited area the click-on, "do a Google search on yuuuup11" and he'll pop-up... You can then go directly to his ebay store.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OK i found it thanks ..but it looks like he has a good track record on ebay …. But my self i do not buy used detectors off ebay… I will buy them off members on the treasure forums..

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look into the detail of his feedback. 7 negative in the last month and 40 in the last 6 months. Also 3 neutral in the last month and 20 in the last 6 months. All the negatives and neutrals show a modus oparandi. He describes his items as being in much better condition than they actually are.

I personally would not buy anything from him.

Mike

Roustabout 14

Oct 13, 2014
Baton Rouge
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030, Whites v3, whites vx3, minelab se pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the heads up. Regardless of the 99.1% rating....77 negatives in the last 12 months no thanks.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He recently sold an Excal 1000 that needed a new coil(cable split in three places), battery(dead), charger(the one provided was for a Motorola radio), and charger adapter(parts missing). That's a lot of work needed for a unit that was advertised as "looks and works great". But don't take my "say-so" for it, purchase the Sovereign he currently has listed and see what you get. I'm just trying to save someone else from being ripped off.
So did you send it back for a full refund? If not, then I ask you why not? I certainly would have. I also would have filed a SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) case against him in the process. Let eBay handle it, you (as the buyer) have more protection than he (as the seller) does.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
This is being used to the point of abuse in the ebay market. In the case here with that excal, sure its warranted. I basically stopped selling on ebay because of scammers. Usually a customer that PMd me a specific question ended up getting my item and my money. It would be nice if there was more balanced marked.

So did you send it back for a full refund? If not, then I ask you why not? I certainly would have. I also would have filed a SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) case against him in the process. Let eBay handle it, you (as the buyer) have more protection than he (as the seller) does.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is being used to the point of abuse in the ebay market. In the case here with that excal, sure its warranted. I basically stopped selling on ebay because of scammers. Usually a customer that PMd me a specific question ended up getting my item and my money. It would be nice if there was more balanced marked.
Part of the reason I have stopped selling as much on there myself. As a buyer, if I were a thief, I could have a field day on ebay. Everyday would be like Christmas!

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How about posting in all things e-bay. I come here to browse without drama. If I wanted this headache I could have gone to E-bay!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about posting in all things e-bay. I come here to browse without drama. If I wanted this headache I could have gone to E-bay!
Happy New Year to you TOO Actioman!

2673_drama.jpg

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
This Seller appears to be a Volume Consignment Seller who probably does not have the knowledge, the expertise or time to determine if there is something wrong with an electronic item and probably does not really care.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread