Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man I couldn’t not sleep finished my work about 2 tried to go to sleep but the brain was on overtime, so I already knew I was going swinging at the break of dawn. Drank a pot of coffee and watching calabash videos and left a hour early to go to the swamps. I hit “honey hole island swamp” again. It amazes me how the only 20x40 shell, palms and roots dry spot out of a 1000 acres of swamp never lets me down. I got a 3 ringer, a Burnside 2 ringer that I’ve never seen before, a nice round ball, what I think might be a heel plate and the only Victory nickel that I ever gotten that wasn’t red it’s beautiful.

Just woke up so back to work and I might be doing this ALL OVER again. Lol I love my crazy life. IMG_2031.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0012.jpgI found a lot of V nickels last year but this on is my favorite IMG_0012.jpgIMG_0012.jpgThank you for looking

Last edited:
Upvote 38
$10 a dozen that is awesome!!!! That was my next question because you know some of these places are trying to get up to $20. Yeah right lol

I know right? My wife and I went to a restaurant at West End a few weeks ago that were selling raw oysters at $18 and change per dozen!! Obviously we passed on them, and good thing we did since they were no bigger than the pre-shucked kind available at the grocery store!

Congrats on adding another bullet type to your collection. That V nickel is the exception to the rule. They rarely come out of the ground like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back