What's new

Pulled this out of the creek

quito

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
4,638
Reaction score
4,844
Golden Thread
0
Location
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Recent record flooding of a couple local creeks dislodged a lot of interesting things in my area.

There were 3 complete buffalo skeletons discovered along a local creek, and with them was a very nice knife, still in the half. It must have been pretty bad, because the picture that was sent to me showed the blade in hand, but not in the halfting.

I've always dreamed of finding a nice buffalo skull sticking out of the bank, and this quite doesn't fill the bill, but it's a whole lot closer than I was..... Yesterday, I picked this up out of the same creek, a little further downstream.

DSCN3845.webp DSCN3846.webp

DSCN3847.webp
 
Upvote 0
You are finding some good stuff this year. Keep it up
 
Now that is cool!
 
Sweet nice find ;)
 
OR imbedded in one. :-)

yep about 20 miles north of me at the town of wilton a guy had found one in the banks of burnt creek..........

it had a knife river flint arrow point stuck in it

he said he would sell it to me for 250 bucks and i didn't buy it.......now slap me
 
I'll be right up. Not to slap you, but to buy it.

Is it still for sale? Better say yes or I may change my mind.;-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom