What's new

Pump part ?

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or maybe it goes to a radiator ? The # 512 is on the side . The nipple end is 1 "
 

Attachments

  • Picture%20010.webp
    Picture%20010.webp
    64.7 KB · Views: 316
  • Picture%20011%20(3).webp
    Picture%20011%20(3).webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 297
  • Picture%20012.webp
    Picture%20012.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 305
  • Picture%20014.webp
    Picture%20014.webp
    69.2 KB · Views: 299
Could it be for a fuel float bowl?
 
Upvote 0
It's part of a spinkler fire suppression system.
Scott
 
Upvote 0
Daddytopcat said:
It's part of a spinkler fire suppression system.
Scott
That was my first thought. :D
 
Upvote 0
Here is another view of it
 

Attachments

  • Picture_020_(2).webp
    Picture_020_(2).webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 0
Whatever it is, parts appear to be missing.
 
Upvote 0
Here's a modern sprinkler head.
they have been used for over 100 years. I'm guessing yours is an older example.
Scott
 

Attachments

  • 180px-Sprinkler.webp
    180px-Sprinkler.webp
    2.5 KB · Views: 243
Upvote 0
Daddytopcat said:
Here's a modern sprinkler head.
they have been used for over 100 years. I'm guessing yours is an older example.
Scott
Good guess but I have been searching fire sprinklers and cant find a match.
 

Attachments

  • Sprinklers_Group_Shot_.webp
    Sprinklers_Group_Shot_.webp
    7.9 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0
mph128 said:
I think its part of a sediment bowl fuel filter
After a second look, I see the "winged" threaded part and can imagine the top of the glass bowl nesting in the top of the circle. Now the only question would be what car(or tractor, etc.) that this came off of?
Scott
 
Upvote 0
Daddytopcat said:
mph128 said:
I think its part of a sediment bowl fuel filter
After a second look, I see the "winged" threaded part and can imagine the top of the glass bowl nesting in the top of the circle. Now the only question would be what car(or tractor, etc.) that this came off of?
Scott
That was my best guess. I typed float bowl. I meant to say fuel bowl lol. Must be old age. Yes they used to have a wing nut on bottom of glass bowl to remove for cleaning or to empty water. There would be a gasket on inside top to seal when tightened. But I am not sure about the gas lines. There needs to be an in and an out, I think. :-\.
 
Upvote 0
I agree. The glass cup that fits inside the frame you have is called a "Sediment Bowl" and would be in the fuel line before the carb on an old tractor or hit-and-miss engine.
 
Upvote 0
Another thought came to mind....I believe I've seen sediment traps on boiler systems or large water heaters....hmmm.
Scott
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom