Purchased a $1000 dime bag today

fjer

Aug 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not it wasn't premo bud =)

Anyways, $1.90 in canadian, 1 penny, and 2 silver roosies.

Any thoughts?

I've run from 2-6 silver per bag, with an average of 4 per. I also get way less Canadian, but I'm the South, so not surprising.

sjlund

Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My average for coin counter dimes so far this year is 6.34 per $1000, nearly the same as my box average. All it takes is 1 collection dump to really tilt the numbers though! My best bag came last year, 22 silvers from a $295 bag.

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was worried that the machine might reject silver/foreign but immediately found a canadian so I got my hopes up.....got half way through the bag before I found a silver. Maybe I just got someone's dumps this go around? I usually average 1-2 per $250 box, so I was expecting 5-7 keepers. Clearly I ended up with well below my espectations - you think I got someone else's dump? Just trying to figure out if its worth it next time...

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in my day a Dime bag was 10 bucks:). I think 2 dimes is good, especially if it was easy to get and easy to dump. HH, Maverick.

fjer

Aug 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was worried that the machine might reject silver/foreign but immediately found a canadian so I got my hopes up.....got half way through the bag before I found a silver. Maybe I just got someone's dumps this go around? I usually average 1-2 per $250 box, so I was expecting 5-7 keepers. Clearly I ended up with well below my espectations - you think I got someone else's dump? Just trying to figure out if its worth it next time...

That would be my guess. If it makes you feel any better, my last bag only had two, and I'm pretty sure I got dumped on too (so many :censored: 2012-D). :sadsmiley:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread