What's new

Purchasing advice for 400-500 dollars!

JacobRocker

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 29, 2011
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm looking to buy a new metal detector, but I don't know what to buy. I'm looking to spend between 400-500 dollars. Does anyone have any advice for me? I want one that will do a good job at rejecting trash(my current one is horrible at that) and I want one this kind of for anything(gold, coins, relics, etc). Thanks for the help!
 
What one do you currently Have??? Chug
 
C&R Santa's other elves said:
What one do you currently Have??? Chug
A Bounty Hunter TK4-PL Tracker IV Metal Detector. Pretty pathetic piece of equipment in my opinion.
 
There are a lot of detectors half that price that do a good really good job at rejecting trash.
 
gleaner1 said:
There are a lot of detectors half that price that do a good really good job at rejecting trash.
Suggestions?
 
What type of trash are you trying to Avoid!!!!
 
C&R Santa's other elves said:
What type of trash are you trying to Avoid!!!!
Cans and pull tabs.
 
I like your price range. For a bit more, the M6 will put a smile on your face.
 
Those are tough If you avoid them you Might Miss the Good Stuff cans are Easier to avoid!!!


Here is My Best Pull tab Find!!!! Yes it was in the Pulltab range about blew my ears off!! Just like the Pesky tabs and Cans Do

Chug
 

Attachments

  • ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.webp
    ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 719
  • ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.webp
    ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 702
JacobRocker said:
C&R Santa's other elves said:
What type of trash are you trying to Avoid!!!!
Cans and pull tabs.

With your price range the machine will be able to eliminate pull tabs no problemo. I like to dig pull tabs but only if I'm diggin' for gold.
 
Atpro is just out of reach on this budget. But if you want to spend a bit more, the pro is a contender. Choices...choices. You really cannot make a bad choice. JUST DO IT!
 
Avoiding trash will come with experience. What are you trying to find? That will influence your detector choice. Do you enjoy looking for jewelry, or are you more of a coin shooter?
 
There are several in your price range that will work for you. BUT.... if you are looking for gold rings you have to dig the pull tabs because that is how they will sound on the machine. If you discriminate the pull tabs then you are going to miss the gold rings.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom