BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
R

robert roy

I hope no one is offended but my opinion is that Bounty Hunter is junk, at least on the low end!

For the money, I agree with the other post: Get the Ace 250....or even the Ace 150. But personally I would go with the Ace 250, and here's why.

If he grows to like metal detecting, he's going to want to get a better detector down the line. Sure the Ace 150 is nice, and you will certainly find some nice things with it, but somewhere down the line the boy will want something better. Spend the extra $50.00 and get the Ace 250. I don't work for Garrett or have any investment in the company. I can truelly say that Garrett's Ace 250 is the best out there for the amount of money your spending. On the low end, the Ace 250 stands right up there with the low end of the Whites metal detectors. If he decides he doesn't like MD, then you still have a good investment, a good back up machine, and a loaner machine for any of your friends who would like to go out with you to see what MD is about.

GET IT NOW. Great machine.

Robert R

OP
OP
G

GerBear

Aug 2, 2007
Thanks for all the terrific responses. Also Darly, I found a local guy in Colorado Springs were I live that sells the Garrett brand. I purchased the ACE 250 from him for 212.00, that includes shipping. I do appreciate you offering me the same terrific price as well. The local guy I purchased this detector from is president of a Metal Detecting Club here so my Son and I plan on attending their next meeting and go on some outings with them so we hope to learn all we can. I got the ACE a couple of days ago and I went thought the video 3 times, bench tested it at home and doug up some of my kids toys in the back yard from 5-10 years ago. This thing is amazing what it can do. I have not tried it out in the field yet but will do so this weekend.

thanks again for the input!

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Glad you got a good price. I have nothing really to do with TC Metal Detectors. Tony is just a member here and tries to help everybody out the best he can.

HH

Daryl

R

robert roy

GerBear:

Goodluck. You got a good detector. You should have no problems with the machine. Just remember NOT to keep your detector in the trunk of your car during extream weather like heat or cold. Don't forget to pick yourself up a sniper 4.5 coil in the near future. It's the best for trashy areas.

Regards

Robert R

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread