What's new

Purchasing guns online

Don't have one... but today I inquired about getting one.

I'm not sure how it is in your state...But here in GA, I was told with the permit there is no background check when purchasing guns. They already did that for the Concealed carry permit. I don't believe in the permit, and I haven't bought a gun in GA yet. But if what I was told is true? Maybe your state has the same type of thing.:dontknow:
 
I'm not sure how it is in your state...But here in GA, I was told with the permit there is no background check when purchasing guns. They already did that for the Concealed carry permit. I don't believe in the permit, and I haven't bought a gun in GA yet. But if what I was told is true? Maybe your state has the same type of thing.:dontknow:

The laws are different by state but I believe every state requires the federal background check which basically just checks to see if you have a prior conviction. Each state is so different that its really hard to gauge what the laws are for everything else. To get a concealed carry permit, there is usually much more but this again varies by state. In PA I just had to get the basic background check, pay $35, and walk out of there in 20 minutes. In NC I had to take a 1 day class, get fingerprints, pay $100, and wait 90 days. Also, in NC, you cant buy a gun without first getting a permit from the sheriffs (which does the background check) unless you have a CCW license which in that case the permit is waived because you have been checked out already.
 
In Florida your required to have back ground check each time you buy from a dealer, cost $5.00. I have a CCL myself and I still have to have the check each time, it is their way of checking to be sure you havent been charged with a crime or domestic abuse since last check. After your first back ground check the following become easier as they only go back to your last check..... Difference with the CCL is I can walk into store, buy a pistol and walk out the same day, if you don't have the CCL you have a 3 day "cooling off" period before you can leave store with it. Half of my firearms were private sales, I just showed my CCL, no paper work, no record for Big Brother to track....
 
L
In Florida your required to have back ground check each time you buy from a dealer, cost $5.00. I have a CCL myself and I still have to have the check each time, it is their way of checking to be sure you havent been charged with a crime or domestic abuse since last check. After your first back ground check the following become easier as they only go back to your last check..... Difference with the CCL is I can walk into store, buy a pistol and walk out the same day, if you don't have the CCL you have a 3 day "cooling off" period before you can leave store with it. Half of my firearms were private sales, I just showed my CCL, no paper work, no record for Big Brother to track....

Handgun sale to private party With CCL in Michigan requires sales record with serial number and such sent on proper form to sheriff , the sheriff sends a copy to the state police.
Without a pistol license ,a F.F.L. holder, with the usual hoops( background check,transfer/sales record copies for sheriff,seller,customer,seller), is required for the transaction.

Following shall issue the process is easier,or better odds, but plenty of scrutiny and of course money is involved to exercise a right.
 
L

Handgun sale to private party With CCL in Michigan requires sales record with serial number and such sent on proper form to sheriff , the sheriff sends a copy to the state police.
Without a pistol license ,a F.F.L. holder, with the usual hoops( background check,transfer/sales record copies for sheriff,seller,customer,seller), is required for the transaction.

Following shall issue the process is easier,or better odds, but plenty of scrutiny and of course money is involved to exercise a right.

I'm lucky not required here, picked up several that way...
 
Don't have one... but today I inquired about getting one.

Hurry up Brother before it gets harder to qualify. I had my GA, PA, and FL all at the same time but now with the reciprocation agreements I only need my GA. I do not visit states that have no Recip. with Georgia.
"
[h=1]Reciprocity[/h]Tennessee’s Reciprocity Law is Tennessee Code Annotated Section 39-17-1351(r).
Generally, Tennessee now recognizes handgun carry permits issued by any state. Tennessee law requires the Commissioner of Safety to enter into reciprocity agreements with states that require such agreements as a condition of reciprocity in favor of Tennessee handgun permit holders.
Although Tennessee generally does not issue non-resident permits, note the limited exception to that rule for non-resident individuals who work in Tennessee on a “regular basis.”"
Marvin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom