What's new

Purple Heart Medal

Slim08

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2015
Messages
39
Reaction score
264
Golden Thread
0
Location
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was able to get out for a few hours today and found a Purple Heart Medal. I was also able to find the pin that held the ribbon and medal intact. Hope you enjoy.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    661.9 KB · Views: 199
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    785.1 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 52
Very nice find, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
That's an impressive find!
 
I haven't been a thousand year denizen of TreasureNet, but I've never seen one posted as a find here. That's a great and rare find.
 
Congratulations on a great find.
Sad that the recipient of that award can't be tracked down.
 
Amazing find. Congrats. -Lisa & John
 
Here's a couple of links that may help you to return this medal. I know it's in rough shape, but it could have special meaning to the person who lost it (or to his family). The person may have gotten a replacement medal, but this one might mean more to the original recipient.

It wouldn't be too hard for someone to cross reference the names on the lost medal list with your state. Might be worth a shot...


Welcome

Lost Hearts Database - Purple Hearts Reunited
 
Rare find, should not be in the soil, nice salvage!
 
That is a really unique find. Congrats.

I would suspect that it is very hard to lose one of those.
 
the only time I ever saw one was in my Uncle drawer in 1958. Great save:occasion14:
 
Um... Without doubt... this to me...
is a banner.

By far... Well done.
 
That is an awesome find. I found an Operation Desert Storm Service medal a few months ago a few inches deep. I wish they had identifier numbers on them.
I would love to return it to its rightful owner.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom