PurpleGolds Gold Prospecting Journal

OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
PurpleGold's Gold Prospecting Journal

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458447375.520147.jpg

I really enjoy A Bar

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458447402.682480.jpg

Such good flow today

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458447426.513117.jpg

Perfect working weather!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458447459.860909.jpg

I feel this is the perfect flow for the sniper. Almost all the rocks were clearing.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458447510.154438.jpg

This was a -30 pan

Last edited:

Mountain gold

May 20, 2015
Arvada Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Purp, at the home depot go to the section where you get cement and grout. They sell a black plastic tub that it's perfect for panning, ( you see them in most panning videos, Jeff Williams uses one) they are pretty cheap if I remember correctly they are around $10.

OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is a nice tub. I looked everywhere. I asked an employee who said they don't carry anything like that. I knew I should've kept looking.

OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last night I had biggest clean out ever. With the help of my amazing girlfriend in about two hours at A Bar we robbed about .27g!!!!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458480091.494540.jpg

My total for 2016 is now at .51g

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any day you can double your year-to-date take is a good day!

PS very lucky man to have a girlfriend like that...many of us are jealous!! Treat her well :)

OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any day you can double your year-to-date take is a good day!

PS very lucky man to have a girlfriend like that...many of us are jealous!! Treat her well :)

Yesterday was amazing and I feel like the luckiest man on the planet....Ok I'm buying some lottery tickets today to keep this ball of luck rolling.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job man!

OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been doing some light reading on gold in Colorado. Apparently most gold is volcanic placer gold found in Chalcopyrite and Gneiss. I got myself a little rock crusher and am going to some some ore sampling of my own. I've been carrying pockets full of cool rocks home with me after every outing. I collect rocks that are cool looking, unique or if I think they look like they are decomposed Quartz that may contain gold. I may even use this when I look into a claim by taking ore samples home with me.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458829217.978319.jpg

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL, I've got a 2-3 gallons of rocks to crush too. I started collecting as soon as I learned the word "mineralized". I'll post a pic today. My buddy John has a crusher like yours so all I need to do is get to work. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL, I've got a 2-3 gallons of rocks to crush too. I started collecting as soon as I learned the word "mineralized". I'll post a pic today. My buddy John has a crusher like yours so all I need to do is get to work. :thumbsup:

2-3 gallons is a decent amount of rock collected. Let me know if you beat some gold out your rocks. Does this not feel like some primal instinct?

I've watched numerous videos showing dudes crushing rocks in those motorized crushers with chains. Jeff Williams has a video on it too. Seeing that powder gold come out of rocks is amazing. Where I have been prospecting recently I believe that most if not all of the flour gold present in the stream has come from stones being beaten by the yearly spring floods. I believe the flour gold is gradually just beaten out of the stones as they slam in to each other. I figure that if I narrow in on the source of the gold I can probably take more home with me.

OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's the dash in my car

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458845468.188688.jpg

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My truck is like that. Between me my wife and the kids I'm sure my fuel mileage has gone down.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing some light reading on gold in Colorado. Apparently most gold is volcanic placer gold found in Chalcopyrite and Gneiss. I got myself a little rock crusher and am going to some some ore sampling of my own. I've been carrying pockets full of cool rocks home with me after every outing. I collect rocks that are cool looking, unique or if I think they look like they are decomposed Quartz that may contain gold. I may even use this when I look into a claim by taking ore samples home with me.

View attachment 1289447

Prepare to be dissapointed..I bought that same rock crusher..it's now a paperweight. Don't get me wrong it does work. But after crushing a few rocks you hand is gonna start hurting....

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I find the rocks that are decomposing and crumbly. Are the best in New Hampshire. I do the same bring home rock. And I do find some gold in these decomposing rocks. The rocks I find the most in have arsenopyrite and muscovite and other minerals. I have a 5 Gallon bucket that Ive been crushing. Its been a winter project. Not easy to do By hand. So far Ive found about a Half Gram of gold. And over a gram of platnum. This is out of two gallons crushed. In areas of ancient metavolcanic activity and faults. I have the same crusher but I use a crow bar. Instead of the T handle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Prepare to be dissapointed..I bought that same rock crusher..it's now a paperweight. Don't get me wrong it does work. But after crushing a few rocks you hand is gonna start hurting....

Hahah they don't call it a Sore Thumb Rock Crusher for nothing then. Maybe I can wear one of my gel padded batting gloves when I Rock that Hardcore Metal :headbang:

OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Check out this rock. It looks like it has shards of iron or magnetite.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458857197.113196.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions