What's new

Put your two cents in.

  • Thread starter Thread starter AlFu
  • Start date Start date
A

AlFu

Guest
Got my first 2 cent piece last weekend at a local playground. The property goes back to the 1700's. It's an 1868 and is in what I would call great shape. Let's see some others. If you got them, post them.

H.H.

Al-Fu
 

Attachments

  • 1st2centb.webp
    1st2centb.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 605
  • 1st2centf.webp
    1st2centf.webp
    55.5 KB · Views: 551
Upvote 0
Here's one of mine - found with purse remains
I was detecting nice grass so I was probing
popped an indian first - rechecked - got another signal
popped another indian - rechecked - popped brass purse part and got excited
pulled the shield nickle- then the 2 center
was hoping for silver - but was cool what I got
 

Attachments

  • purse.webp
    purse.webp
    69.2 KB · Views: 598
CASPER-2 said:
Here's one of mine - found with purse remains
I was detecting nice grass so I was probing
popped an indian first - rechecked - got another signal
popped another indian - rechecked - popped brass purse part and got excited
pulled the shield nickle- then the 2 center
was hoping for silver - but was cool what I got

Wow! What a haul! Gotta love those shields too. I have a few of them. Some V nickels too that I'll post sooner or later. I really need a better camera. My B-Day is coming up so maybe then.

H.H.

Al-Fu
 
I have dug 8 of them, including 4 in 2011. On one hunt last year I dug two of them in a row on consecutive signals. Here are a few of mine.
 

Attachments

  • 2 Cents - Back.webp
    2 Cents - Back.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 452
  • 2 Cents - Front.webp
    2 Cents - Front.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 407
  • 2CentsB.webp
    2CentsB.webp
    63.3 KB · Views: 406
  • 2CentsF2.webp
    2CentsF2.webp
    67 KB · Views: 366
  • 2 Cents - Back.webp
    2 Cents - Back.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 454
  • 2 Cents - Front.webp
    2 Cents - Front.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 418
  • 2CentsB.webp
    2CentsB.webp
    63.3 KB · Views: 422
  • 2CentsF2.webp
    2CentsF2.webp
    67 KB · Views: 349
Found this one early this spring, county park next to an old foundation, lakefront.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0299 [640x480].webp
    IMG_0299 [640x480].webp
    66.2 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0300 [640x480].webp
    IMG_0300 [640x480].webp
    61 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_0300 [640x480].webp
    IMG_0300 [640x480].webp
    61 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_0299 [640x480].webp
    IMG_0299 [640x480].webp
    66.2 KB · Views: 428
1864 small motto
Found in a neighbors yard 1991
Sorry about the pic my cheap cam has no micro
Thanks Gary G.A.P.metal
 

Attachments

  • Picture 19.webp
    Picture 19.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 251
sorry forgot half
 

Attachments

  • Picture 19.webp
    Picture 19.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Picture 18.webp
    Picture 18.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 232
  • Picture 19.webp
    Picture 19.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 244

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom