DewGuru
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jul 23, 2010
- Messages
- 1,264
- Reaction score
- 705
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Gulf Coast Florida
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Sand Shark
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Myself and a Pal hit CWB for a few hours today after the rains. Tide was a wee bit low and decided to hit the outter sand bar against my better judgement ... Sure enough, over stayed my welcome, tide was in, water was deep, had to make the long swim back to shore.
As I start the initial swim, the boot decides its going to come off. Great. I venture back to the bar, off the other boot, and tie them both up in the headphones and off I go again. I'm doing the back stroke in, bout half way im running outta air, choking down water, massive wave overtakes me, down I go, into the gut goes about 2 gals of seawater - yummy. I resurface, choking, gasping for air, try and continue onward, when overtook by another wave, down I go again and this time, lost the grasp on my RTG scoop. Too panicked to look for it at that point, and it didnt wash back in --- Somewhere behind the sand pearl / hilton area, if you come across it, help a damn-near-drowned Dew get his RTG back.
Prior to all that fun, I did muster up a Silver ring with lots of fake bling (6g) and a small toe ring.
Happy Hunting - And stay safe. It can happen to anyone.
As I start the initial swim, the boot decides its going to come off. Great. I venture back to the bar, off the other boot, and tie them both up in the headphones and off I go again. I'm doing the back stroke in, bout half way im running outta air, choking down water, massive wave overtakes me, down I go, into the gut goes about 2 gals of seawater - yummy. I resurface, choking, gasping for air, try and continue onward, when overtook by another wave, down I go again and this time, lost the grasp on my RTG scoop. Too panicked to look for it at that point, and it didnt wash back in --- Somewhere behind the sand pearl / hilton area, if you come across it, help a damn-near-drowned Dew get his RTG back.
Prior to all that fun, I did muster up a Silver ring with lots of fake bling (6g) and a small toe ring.
Happy Hunting - And stay safe. It can happen to anyone.
Attachments
Upvote
0
Hope you get it back. It should be right where it landed if you hit it at a good low tide.
. If it was me I would be there at the next low tide to look for it. Best of luck looking for it. Things have a way of coming back to you when you have done good deeds before. Hopefully it will be returned to you soon. You are lucky I do not live down there, because if I found it knowing it was yours, and all the gold rings it has found, I would gold plate it and mount it on the wall. Man, if that scoop could talk, how many rings would it tell us about.
Nice finds today even though I know you are stressed by todays events....HH...Stuart
I'll keep my eyes open for your RTG when I'm in that area.






