Martingeetars
Full Member
Just messing around with somethings laying on my shelf, I grabbed a bone handle I found
years ago diving and a kirk point I found a couple of weeks ago digging, only because they were somewhat
perportional to eachother size wise, and I slid the point into the handle and right where they come together
there are two notches in the bone that look like, that if this were the case would wear from the shoulders of a point resting there.
This is for example only, but I think its a good representation of what a prehistoric knife would look like. Minus sinew and what ever else they used to adhere point to handle.
years ago diving and a kirk point I found a couple of weeks ago digging, only because they were somewhat
perportional to eachother size wise, and I slid the point into the handle and right where they come together
there are two notches in the bone that look like, that if this were the case would wear from the shoulders of a point resting there.
This is for example only, but I think its a good representation of what a prehistoric knife would look like. Minus sinew and what ever else they used to adhere point to handle.
Attachments
Upvote
0

Hi Mark; Yes, any tendon will work, the longer the better. Go to a butcher shop and get some cow tendon. The longer the better, and split it length ways in strip of about one eight to a quarter inch wide. Heat the sinew in water carefully, and wrap while it is wet. Use a strong water based glue to tie the ends, or maybe use a super glue gel after it has dried a bit. It's possible that they would put some pitch or ( ? ) inside around the base of the point to keep it from moving back and forth. 






