What's new

Pyramid Rock?

catherine1

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
1,817
Reaction score
1,080
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a close up of that triangle shaped rock, that I found with those other artifacts posted last week. Its 1-5/8 inches per side and 3/8 inches thick. The one side is smoothed and the other side is in the rough. Made of limestone. Could be a misnomer. But made it past the throw it over your shoulder test when I dug it up, and put it in my pocket, for later consideration.
 

Attachments

  • WIN_20190215_19_37_30_Pro.webp
    WIN_20190215_19_37_30_Pro.webp
    80.7 KB · Views: 128
  • WIN_20190215_19_53_30_Pro.webp
    WIN_20190215_19_53_30_Pro.webp
    74 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0
I have a quartz pyramid that is sharp on all edges. From my reading I thought it was the result of bipolar flaking, I’ll see if I have a pic on my phone.
 
I see the face of a ghost or something in the center pic too!
 
Catherine - very cool. I definitely could be something, hard to say from the pics. At least one of those edges looks ground from here, but really hard to tell
 
It reminds me of a medium used in a tumbler to deburr small parts.
 
I find stuff almost exactly like that here and there and always think its a piece of pottery, not saying it is just strikes me that way
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom