Quarter day at the soccer park.....dont like the little coil!!

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quarter day at the soccer park.....don't like the little coil!!

Spent 4.5 hours hunting at the soccer park this morning. Found 12 quarters, five nickels (I love finding nickels), 11 dimes and 5 pennies. I only worked the perimeter of the field at one side and one goal end. Actually, that should be about 3.5 hours because I spent (wasted) an hour working with the white 6.5" x 3.25" eliptical coil......what good is that thing? I worked a different field with the small coil and came up with nothing.......it took longer to search due to the size and I just don't see any advantage to it. Yes, it was a trashy area with lots of tabs, but, it was no better at separating target signals than my 12" DD! Maybe it was me, but, I don't like it.

Does anyone use this coil and, if so, why? where? how? and for what?

Upvote 0

BURLIVES

Apr 14, 2009
Northeastern Pa.
Detector(s) used
CZ 6a
Re: Quarter day at the soccer park.....don't like the little coil!!

Roland58 said:
Spent 4.5 hours hunting at the soccer park this morning. Found 12 quarters, five nickels (I love finding nickels), 11 dimes and 5 pennies. I only worked the perimeter of the field at one side and one goal end. Actually, that should be about 3.5 hours because I spent (wasted) an hour working with the white 6.5" x 3.25" eliptical coil......what good is that thing? I worked a different field with the small coil and came up with nothing.......it took longer to search due to the size and I just don't see any advantage to it. Yes, it was a trashy area with lots of tabs, but, it was no better at separating target signals than my 12" DD! Maybe it was me, but, I don't like it.

Does anyone use this coil and, if so, why? where? how? and for what?

I don't use that coil but the Fisher CZ-6 I use works great with the smaller coil, actually use it more than the larger one. If it's a high mineral, lots of iron trashy area going slow with a smaller coil makes a differnce. If it's not trashy and only a few signals or great soil the larger coil does the job. Maybe it's just that coil??

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Quarter day at the soccer park.....don't like the little coil!!

I use the 6x10 and love it, at least you experimented with it and learned a few things. Never wasted time if you learn from it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions