What's new

Quartz Day

Charl

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2012
Messages
3,091
Reaction score
4,794
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Walked a cornfield for 2 hours Wed. this week. I think if it were not for quartz the natives here might have been hard pressed to survive. The dominant lithic by far in southeast New England. Some nice quartz points from this field, but not on this day, pooters one and all....
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    111.7 KB · Views: 99
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    203.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Over a 22 year period, the Mrs. And I have collected several hundred small stem quartz points from this particular field, plus dozens of quartz scrapers....
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 86
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    121.5 KB · Views: 81
My sites have quarts mixed in . Still waiting for the points to show up! Good looking pieces you have ..
 
Quartz is like that. Like you said they used what they had. It is not very common here but is 40 miles away. I always like finding a quartz piece for my collection. You have some nice ones. Tough material to work for sure.
 
We rarely find quartz artifacts in southwest Georgia and when we do they usually aren't "very good" if you know what I mean.
 
That was very diplomatic Americus.
You've got some pretty good ones in there I agree today was just pooters.
Better than finding nothing though
 
That's one decent pile of quartz there! Good hunt- I'd be happy ;) Good luck on your next! Yak
 
A handful of points always make for a good day! Nice bunch of quartz.
 
I find them to every once in a while. If I find a quartz point 99% of the time its a Morrow Mountain. You have a nice collection of quartz
 
:icon_thumleft: Those sure are some nice quartz artifacts.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom