What's new

Queen Elizabeth Button from a Uniform -- don't know much else about it.

MrFrip

Greenie
Joined
Jul 28, 2016
Messages
17
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver -- not top of the line, but I have never NOT found what I was beeping at!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was hunting in the woods today with a new buddy Mark that I met through reddit who is a fellow hunter. He found an Indian Head Penny and I found this button!

I almost lost my trowel because I got tangled in a spider web and a spider was on my hand and the trowel went flying!! LOL

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
 

Attachments

  • Queen.webp
    Queen.webp
    460.6 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 8
My curiosity has me wondering how you know it is from a uniform? Could be just an ordinary ornate button that the clothing makers decided looked nice?

Congrats.
 
Hi; CRUSADER is your guy. He can nail it down for you. Second please Post a picture of BOTH sides ok. Lastly, Find CRUSADERS name on a Post from him. Click on it and ask him to look at it for you ok. PEACE:RONB
 
Any pictures of the back? I don't think military button but I can give you a date range. It was the same portrait use on her first coins...
The effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II first appeared on Canadian coins in 1953 when she was 27 years old. The effigy pictured here was used until 1964, with the inscription ELIZABETH II DEI GRATIA REGINA, meaning "Elizabeth II, by the grace of God, the Queen."
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469930534.546004.webp
 
That's a really cool button! Congrats! By the way I know what you mean about walking into spider webs while detecting...... Nasty.. Just NASTY !!! HH
 
Thanks for the lead! Here is a picture of the back
 
From what I have seen online, similar buttons appear to be sold in groups and some of them are attached to the phrase "military jacket"..but this one doesn't look exactly like the brass ones I've seen.
 
Any pictures of the back? I don't think military button but I can give you a date range. It was the same portrait use on her first coins...
The effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II first appeared on Canadian coins in 1953 when she was 27 years old. The effigy pictured here was used until 1964, with the inscription ELIZABETH II DEI GRATIA REGINA, meaning "Elizabeth II, by the grace of God, the Queen."
View attachment 1342016

I PMed the OP.

I agree, its a 1953 Sixpence, the button was celebration the Coronation. Civvy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom