Questio please......

R

robert roy

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure you could keep it in disc. Many hunt in all metal as it is deeper and more sensitive, then switch it to another mode to id the target. If it drops out completely, they dig as it is to deep for the ID circuits. Depends on how much work you want to do switching back and forth.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
You would have to keep in mind how littered the area is with junk. If there is a lot of junk in the area you will get tons of beeps per sweep in all metal mode. I guess I basically hunt in all metal mode with my EXII but I go by the sound as whether to dig or not.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Same here. I have to go by the sounds since there is so much rusted material and iron in the ground. I don't bother to switch back. If the sound is right and VDI is not 95. I dig it.

Daryl

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Some people do reverse discrimination.

All depend on what ya doing and where.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I often hunt that way with one of my beep and dig detectors. I set the disc to just accept gold and nickels, then hunt in all metal. If I get a good beep, I switch to the disc mode and turn it up to see if I can totally discriminate the target out. If the target drops out I know it isn't a penny, dime, quarter etc. If the area isn't really trashy I'll dig the target at the nickel setting in the hope that it is either a nickel or gold jewelry. This technique isn't 100%, but works fairly well with most non-tid machines and with practice you can become fairly accurate.
Dig often, dig deep,
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread