Sounds like a Half CENT.

But the BUST should be faceing Right or it's a 1793

OTHERS FACEING LEFT but No Wild Hair

May be a Clasic Head 18o9 to 1836

or Coronet 1840 1857

WOW...thats amazing

HH
-GC

I was there when he dug the coin a couple years back. Funny story (unless you're me), I bought the top of the line Garrett 2500 GTI and let him use the old Garrett GTA1000. While I'm getting pissed trying to figure out the new machine, he's digging bullets and Civil War relics!! The coin signal was directly under a big cowpie. He kicked it away and the signal was still underground so he dug it up. A lot of relics hide under cowpies. It's not pretty but it's worth it sometimes.

It was in the ground along time. It is in the same condition as a 1773 Virginia Half Cent I dug - could only make out some of the shield on it. The only features I remember about his coin are:

1. Facing Left (I'm 100% about this fact)
2. Waving/Wild hair (like the pic from the link)
3. Neck line (which looks JUST like the one in the pic)

I've been trying to call him, I'll have him take a pic and email it to me.

According to my 2004 Red Book

in AG Condition (AG = Clear enough to Identify) Which apparently it is.

Value $850.00

WOW, thx!! I finally got a hold of him. He is going to dig it out tonight(late) and try to get a pic to me. At least he can describe it in detail to me over the phone. I am going to get the link to him with the great pic so he can verify it.

Again, thx for the info!!!

I recently gave him that detector since he moved to the beach and needed one. SO...I let him use MY detector, he finds this coin(among other things), then I give him the detector, then I do the research to find out about HIS coin. He's lucky he's like a brother to me. I'll just chalk this up to my birthday presents to him....for the next couple of years!! ;D

That is assuming this coin is what we think it is. No confirmation yet.

1793 Half Cents are almost the same size as a Nickel and much thicker than other HalfCents. All other Half Cents are just a tad smaller than a quarter.

Look forward to a photo, I have not heard of any other 1793 Half Cents being found in a long time.

I found mine in 1997.

Attachments

• 1793.jpg
    1793.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 1793.jpg
    1793.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 202
VERY NICE COIN!!! And thanks for the info. I'll confirm size, picture, and all the details when he gets the coin out.

What is your coin worth?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back