Question about cleaning canvas bags

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
I was considering cleaning my canvas bags I dump my coins in... I am sure many of you are thinking I am crazy for even giving this a thought, since coins are so dirty.

when bringing my coins to my truck to be loaded, I set them on the dirt/brown rock driveway, staining the decent shape canvas bags.
I was wondering if anybody has ever tried cleaning their canvas bags, I am seeking advise.

Thanks ,
HH
Buff

Upvote 0
I have - I just throw them in the washer/dryer like dirty clothes.

I bought a lot of 10 canvas bags, I've been using the same set of 4 for over 4 months now, no signs of wear, definately the best investment I've made too, and to think, at the time, it only cost me $3.00 in 40% halves :)

I spilled a soda on mine. I put it in the wash with the towels and it came out fine. I let it air dry.

I bought a lot of 10 canvas bags, I've been using the same set of 4 for over 4 months now, no signs of wear, definately the best investment I've made too, and to think, at the time, it only cost me $3.00 in 40% halves :)
mine were free at my local bank. I think one of the managers is a coin hunter as it doesnt cost anything to buy boxes or dump.

I have 26 of them. I just throw into washer/dryer like dirty clothes.

Coolpix - I especially like the ones with the giant dollar sign on them ($). I'm pretty sure if you walk out of the bank with one of those in your hand, you will either get arrested or robbed.

coolpix9, I ordered mine from banksupplies.com in december! :)

Dumb question...do you wash them inside out? Just got one a few weeks ago and it's starting to get pretty filthy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back