What's new

Question about silver umax

relichunters

Bronze Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
1,647
Reaction score
36
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
How can you tell your having false signals with the Tesoro Silver Umax? On LCD screened detectors it's easy to find out, but this is the first time getting a non-LCD screen detector.
 
It usually won't be repeatable if it's a false signal. You learn the "chirp" to ignore after a while too. If it's falsing, just thumb the sensitivity down a bit. I've not had a Silver, but I did have a Cutlass II which is about the same. The only difference is how they process audio signals.
 
I have had my Silver for 9 years and, yes it is that repeatable signal you want. If you set the disc a little to the left of nickel about a third of the way toward foil, that should do it for coins and most jewelry. This may disc out a lot of the real small jewelry, so I even dig the 'little crackly' but fairly repeatable signals. And I run the sens at 10 if I can, and if too noisy then dial her back a little at a time. Hope this helps. Mike
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom