BobinSouthVA
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Mar 1, 2007
- Messages
- 1,656
- Reaction score
- 107
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- SE Virginia
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
- #1
Thread Owner
question about the infamous "Floater Electrolysis" device
I'm trying to build one but have some questions.
I read in one of the posts (which I can no longer find) how to tell which wire on a cell phone charger is negative. Something to do with putting it into the solution to see if it bubbles. Can anyone clarify that?
I also have a few chargers ranging from 50ma to 1.1a. for coin cleaning, is it bad to go too low or would the 50ma just take longer?
Thanks in advance.
I'm trying to build one but have some questions.
I read in one of the posts (which I can no longer find) how to tell which wire on a cell phone charger is negative. Something to do with putting it into the solution to see if it bubbles. Can anyone clarify that?
I also have a few chargers ranging from 50ma to 1.1a. for coin cleaning, is it bad to go too low or would the 50ma just take longer?
Thanks in advance.

instead of an AC input with a DC output, making it useless for electrolysis. 
The total milliamps is about 2500. Frys the crap right off those suckers. Not sure whether we have different currents here in Australia though. Its all about trial and error 







