Question about the Nokta Legend external battery

blaglezz

Nov 20, 2006
Hello. I am expecting my new Nokta Legend pro pack this Friday, and I am already "pre-learning" it (watching videos, studying the manual that I downloaded, etc.) My question is about the external battery: Am I supposed to connect it only after the internal battery is depleted, or is it ok to start detecting with both batteries full charged and the external connected before the internal one runs out? I can't find an answer to it in the manual, and I am afraid to do anything that may damage the detector. Thanks!

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In one of Dilek’s videos, she stated it works either way. If you connect it, while the internal battery is full, it acts as a power bank; constantly charging the internal battery.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can't think of a scenario where you'd want to connect the external battery with the detector battery full. It adds an appreciable amount of weight. Maybe if you're running in 5khz constantly, and it's your only detector with that frequency.

OP
OP
B

blaglezz

Nov 20, 2006
Thank you for your responses, I wouldn't want to run it all the time with the external battery attached, just wanted to be on the safe, just in case.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If connecting it while the internal battery is full is OK, then perhaps it might act as a counter weight?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread