What's new

question for all!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2007
Messages
1,708
Reaction score
368
Golden Thread
0
Location
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you have gone away from bucket style scoops like the rtg models and started using half bucket type scoops like the proscoop, stealth, t-rex, starv, etc: I would like to know why?
I have used both styles and currently use a proscoop but I am thinking of going back to a full bucket style.
chuck.
 
Upvote 0
I have a 8" bucket and 8" stealth. I use the stealth 90percent. It is faster goes deeper with one scoop. I am usually in surf or wet sand. If beach is crowed I use bucket for safety. If stealth hits someone or some kid ran into it ,it could hurt bad.
 
I have a 8" bucket and 8" stealth. I use the stealth 90percent. It is faster goes deeper with one scoop. I am usually in surf or wet sand. If beach is crowed I use bucket for safety. If stealth hits someone or some kid ran into it ,it could hurt bad.

thanks mbbeachrat!
chuck.
 
I have an RTG large bucket and the classic Stealth. For the really deep work or in strong currents I like the Stealth because it is heavier and easier to get into position, also prefer it in the really deep soft sands of summer. However, I don't like the 90 degree handle and balancing a full bucket is a real trick sometimes. I like the RTG when I'm working shallow or in the wet sand, it's much lighter and less fatiguing when digging a lot of targets. But I've still not found anything to match the easy of use, balance, and leverage of the old Miller style bucket scoop. It's still top dog by design and function in my book. :thumbsup:
 
Use lightweight aluminum RTG 6” full bucket stand up water scoop with 5/8 inch holes for scouting beaches (dry sand, wet sand, underwater). Is safest of the scoops I have for rough water conditions.

Use T Rex with wider 9.5 inch basket with 48 inch pole to increase probability of retrieving targets in up to waist deep water on first try when hunting with 10” and wider diameter double D Search coil(s).
Can rapidly widen hole to put search coil in with shovel like stainless steel tip.
One quarter inch size is ideal where there are numerous mall valuable targets such as stud ear rings or targets of high value.

Use Sunspot stealth 720, with Vish tipped euro tip where is necessary to pick between rocks and coral, when shallow water treasure hunting. Able to retrieve targets chin deep ( I am 6’ 2”) with longer 54 “ pole. Can rapidly retrieve deep targets with its 15” long basket stainless steel basket with ½ inch holes for rapid drainage. Prefer one of above smaller scoops for wet sand which is very very heavy.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom