Question for AT PRO users

aliciakay1981

Dec 9, 2013
north carolina
Detector(s) used
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is pretty much going to ring up in the full range of the numbers. Depending on size, purity, weight etc etc. Most jewelry items will probably ring up in the 50's-60's but I've tested gold items in the 30'-80's.
Just dig the the solid tones. Let your ears be the judge! If they break up at all it's probably junk aluminum. Yes, you are going to be digging tabs & tails. Just the way it is if you want gold.

I agree, with current technology it is very hard to tell rings apart from those dang pull tabs. One day there might be something that can do the job but for now. Some days I just don't feel like digging tabs and I know those days I will be limiting my finds a bit. There was a video on YouTube that showed a guy waving different typed of gold rings in front of a V3i, but the message was still sadly the same.. Pretty much all over the place pending on size.. :-/ .. If your family and friends don't mind you scanning their wedding rings have a look at those readings to get an idea how your machine reacts to those targets as well.. :) HH

Gold is pretty much going to ring up in the full range of the numbers. Depending on size, purity, weight etc etc. Most jewelry items will probably ring up in the 50's-60's but I've tested gold items in the 30'-80's.
Just dig the the solid tones. Let your ears be the judge! If they break up at all it's probably junk aluminum. Yes, you are going to be digging tabs & tails. Just the way it is if you want gold.

Yes....You must dig every pulltab and Beaver Tail.....I have found gold that was in the Mid 40's all the way up to the 60's

My last 2 gold Rings were the EXACT number of just the tail part of the beaver tail....Gold isnt easy my freind...most the time you have to ask yourself if you are in a place that is highly likely ..swimming holes, ballfields, etc.

Most 14k rings I've found w the AT show near 30 in my areas dirt. 10k = 50-67? More alloy in 10k must make it ring higher.
Only one 18k ring has been found w this AT. It rang in at a steady 50-51.
Location/ground mineralization change all readings though.
Peace

Most 14k rings I've found w the AT show near 30 in my areas dirt. 10k = 50-67? More alloy in 10k must make it ring higher.
Only one 18k ring has been found w this AT. It rang in at a steady 50-51.
Location/ground mineralization change all readings though.
Peace

Yea, I think that there is a couple other things...Because about 90% of my 10k rings higher, even small rings...which as you say is probally due to the different alloys with it. But my last 14k Ring read in the 60-61 range....BUT..it was also like a size 13, so i was thinking the diamter of the ring made it ring higher than norm.

I wish i could say what 18k sounds like....still waiting on that one

thanks everyone for the advice, :icon_thumleft:the water level is really low at a local lake and i would really love to hit it tomorrow even thou its going to be 25-30 degrees i got waders and a new scoop i just built, this cold weather puts a damper on things but dang i want to hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back