What's new

Question hello from still snowy NJ

VirginiaEllen

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 13, 2015
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just completed a book of Civil War letters: So Much Blood the Civil war Letters of William Wallace Beard 1861-1865. Beard was a native of north Mecklenburg County, NC. Moved to Mississippi in the late 1850s. Fought in the Mississippi 18th Co G. One of only a hundred or so who survived from his 1000 man strong Regiment. I have posted the cover of the book which shows him post Civil War wearing a star shaped badge on his vest lapel. Any one any idea what this is? One of the little niggling puzzles I was not able to solve before the book went to copy editing. Out later this month.

Thanks so much,

VirginiaView attachment SoMuchBlood-cover-2c.pdf
 
I have just completed a book of Civil War letters: So Much Blood the Civil war Letters of William Wallace Beard 1861-1865. Beard was a native of north Mecklenburg County, NC. Moved to Mississippi in the late 1850s. Fought in the Mississippi 18th Co G. One of only a hundred or so who survived from his 1000 man strong Regiment. I have posted the cover of the book which shows him post Civil War wearing a star shaped badge on his vest lapel. Any one any idea what this is? One of the little niggling puzzles I was not able to solve before the book went to copy editing. Out later this month.

Thanks so much,

VirginiaView attachment 1130758

I understand that the star was a sign that the person wearing it was a veteran of the civil war. Hope this helps.
 
Wel-come aboard ... :hello:
 
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Virginia! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New Jersey for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
 
Welcome from NE Ohio.

Engine
 
Hello Virginia,

Welcome to the forum! I hope to read the book.

Regards,

Professor
 
Welcome to TNet! Looks like an interesting read!
Best of Luck!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom