What's new

Question on cleaning

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
1,157
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I found a Barber Half 1899 and 3 old penny's, 2 are Indian head a 1864 , 1905, the third was found close to the other 2 but deeper and not in as good of shape. I can not make out anything on the penny, what kind it is or date, I would like to clean it up enough to get a date. What would be the best way to do this, and would you clean up the Barber half that is my Avatar pic or just leave it the way it is. :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • get-attachment.webp
    get-attachment.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 438
I just started cleaning some of my Indian Head cents I couldn't get a date off of so i left em in a cup of dish soap for a day and them brushed em in soapy water with a toothbrush but it didn't really help. So I put em in olive oil for 2 days and i dumped em out tonight, dried em off and without rinsing in water i took some toothpicks and started picking at the green stuff. It works very well i got so much detail, highly reccommend, unless its a rare date. Im putting em in oil for another two days now.
 
Well did a cleaning on the IH and turned out pretty good, the date was a 1880. Here's a pic after the cleaning. :hello2:
 

Attachments

  • After cleaned IH.webp
    After cleaned IH.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 309
what did you end up using to clean it with? looks great
 
Ya what did you clean it with its alot better!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom