What's new

Question on Excalibur II rechargeable battery and charger

time4me

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Messages
1,296
Reaction score
44
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
I'm not sure I've got the correct charger for my rechargeable battery.

I've got an Excalibur 800 that is around 4 years old, an Excalibur 1000 that is around 3 years old, and an Excalibur II that is about a year old.

My problem is that I've shuffled the detectors, batteries and chargers back and forth between California and Massachusetts so many times, that I now don't know if I am using the right charger with the right battery. I'm in Massachusetts right now, and my old style rechargeable battery pack for my 800 (which now has a WOT coil on it) isn't holding a charge, so I ran over to a local metal detecting shop and picked up a new Excalibur II NiMH rechargeable battery. Then I got to wondering if I've been recharging the old battery, which I don't believe is NiMH with the wrong charger, which is why it is no longer holding a charge.

Anyways, my charger that I have here with me says "Minelab NiCad CHARGER" on it. Is this the correct charger for the new Excalibur II NiMH rechargeable battery I just bought?

Thanks,

Jim
 
Upvote 0
My excal II charger says:

MINELAB
Nicad
CHARGER
MODEL: 119
14.3v dc 60Ma
made in china
 
rc2125 said:
My excal II charger says:

MINELAB
Nicad
CHARGER
MODEL: 119
14.3v dc 60Ma
made in china

And does your battery say "Waterproof NiMH Rechargeable Battery Pack"?
 
The sticker on my battery is peeled off, however... I can read -Battery NiMH, 12v, 1000 maH, on the actual cell pack inside the clear battery housing. It is the original battery and charger that came with the unit (*hi-vis green stickered unit w/slim coil & yellow ears).
 
rc2125 said:
The sticker on my battery is peeled off, however... I can read -Battery NiMH, 12v, 1000 maH, on the actual cell pack inside the clear battery housing. It is the original battery and charger that came with the unit.

Cool! Thanks!!

And since I don't have my manual here, can you remind me how long to plug it in for a full charge?

Thanks,

Jim
 
Book says 16-19hrs charge time, will provide 14-16hrs of run time +-.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom